Last month I wrote some letters to different companies asking for donations of different items to include in the boxes. Well, the pretzel company HK Anderson stepped up and donated several boxes of pretzels for me to include in the next couple of boxes. I got the idea to write to them because we are personally big fans of their pretzels. My husband had their 44 oz. container of peanut butter nuggets sitting on his end table and I thought, "Hey, let me try asking them for some individual sized packs to send." Well, they responded almost immediately and said they would be glad to help out. Put your hands in the air for HK Anderson!!!
If you're not familiar with HK Anderson, please check out their website. Their snacks are both yummy and nutritious. I borrowed these fun facts directly from their website:
- From start to finish it takes about 40 minutes to make and bake a pretzel.
- Largest pretzel ever baked was 40 lbs
- Our bakers make sure that each pretzel is twisted perfectly and has just the right amount of salt
- Our pretzels do not contain any animal fats, artificial colors or flavors, or preservatives as many other snacks do
- Pretzels are baked, not fried - one reason why they are a low fat, low cholesterol snack
I packed up a box for the soldiers this weekend....
Chablis' box for this month will go out next week.
Here's a sample of some of the items we have collected that are going into the next boxes......
We have lots of books, magazines and DVD's ready to go. We also try to get lotions, shampoo, soaps, shaving cream and razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste and deodorant. Plus lots of drink mixes, tea, coffee, candy and great snacks like HK Anderson pretzels. We also try to include crossword puzzles, tennis balls and games, writing papers, colored pencils and cards. Plus letters that we write to them.
The Any Soldier Program is a wonderful program. If you can't send care packages, or don't have the time, you can still send a card or write a letter. Believe me, they will appreciate it.
Please help support our military!