Monday, August 22, 2011

Tervis Tumbler Contest

I love my Tervis Tumbler.  If you don't know what a Tervis Tumbler is, then you need to check them out.  I bought my first one a couple weeks ago when we were in Kentucky and since then I've bought 4 more.  They are the best!!!  They keep cold drinks - cold and hot drinks, well, hot!

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I did a post on the anysoldier program.  Maybe you remember it.  If not, or if you might have missed the post, please go back and read about it.  Our military does not get the proper support that it should.  Don't get me wound up on this issue because I get nuts.  I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, that our soldiers, who are putting their lives on the line every day, can not get basic supplies in a lot of cases.  Supplies like soap, shampoo, deodorant, socks, books, magazines, gum and snacks.  Hello!!!  Seriously??    The anysoldier program lets us donate much needed items to our guys and girls in the military who can really use them.  Go here to read about it thru their direct website.

Anyway, that kind of leads me to todays post in a very roundabout way because you are probably wondering what Tervis Tumblers and the anysoldier program can possibly have to do with each other.  Well, I'm gonna tell you.

Tervis is having a "Smart Cup" contest.   They are inviting anyone to come up with a good alternative use for their cups.  Since we are sending monthly care packages to our soldiers, I had the idea of Tervis making either a "Support our Soldiers" cup that anyone could buy and fill with candy and drink items and send to the military.  OR...  Tervis could actually make a gift pack that comes pre-made with candy and drink packages for purchase for the soldiers.  This is a rough mock up of what I came up with and sumbitted...


You can click on this link to go to the Tervis FB page and vote.  Hopefully you'll vote for MY design but there are lots of other submissions, so check them all out.  The contest runs for 4 weeks.  The grand prize winner will win a trip to Florida and a tour of the Tervis factory.  I want that trip!  If I go I'd have a good chance of promoting this great idea for our soldiers.  At the very least you might come up with an idea of your own to submit.  So go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I get kind of irate over the military guys/gals and their families who aren't getting enough funds to live off of. I better just shut up right now.

    Great design, and that Tervis tumbler sounds awesome. I'd love some cups that didn't sweat. I use coasters so my cup/glass doesn't leave rings all over the place, and then the darn cup sticks to the coasters...and that can lead to a disaster.

    Your plan for filling those for the military is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...