Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hike 4 Kids Finale


It's a bittersweet finale, but months of hard work and extreme dedication have paid off.  Mike McLaughlin, aka Standing Bear, has completed his 2 back to back hikes of The Appalachian Trail and the Ozark Trail.

To see an awesome compilation video presented at his Welcome Home Dinner, visit the Hike4Kids FB page and click on the video link posted October 13, 2012.

Mike raised several thousand dollars for his Hike4Kids charity.  If you'd like to make a donation, please visit his Hike4kids homepage.  And if you'd like to read his past couple of posts about the Ozark Trail, then visit his blog.

I'd like to congratulate Mike on a job well done.  Thank you for sharing your incredible journey with me and allowing me to pass it on to my readers.  It was such a pleasure getting to know you and follow you along the trail.  Best of luck with whatever you decide to do in the future.  Please come back and let us know how you're doing!

(photo's courtesy of Mike McLaughlin. Do not reproduce without permission)

5 comments:

  1. Mike is truly an inspiration in making sacrifices for others! He conquered the trails with the will to do it. If only we could all be more like him, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Della - it makes me realize what I can do if I just keep going, one foot after the other.

      Delete
  2. What a guy! His heart is as big as the outdoors he hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job mike! I enjoyed the posts on here.... now I'm off to visit his blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of trekking! Wonder what's up next to hike?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...