Thursday, April 12, 2012

Geocaching Kentucky Lake Easter Weekend 2012

Easter weekend found us searching for a few geocaches around the lake.  On Friday we found 6 of them.

This was the first one we did.  I totally expected the cache to be hidden in the toilet, but it wasn't.....



How's this one for a large cache?  This one was hidden down a trail by one of the marinas.



The beach by the dam was empty that day.  And cold and breezy.  But we still managed to find the cache, which was hanging over a ledge.




We went for a walk to check out a nearby bridge.  Along the way, I found a brand new lure that some poor fisherman lost.  I bet he was mad too!



They finally opened the old road across the top of the dam.  It's been re-done and it's beautiful, with driving and bicycle lanes.  There are 2 different locations where you can pull over, get out and enjoy the view.  And guess what?  There's a new geocache hidden there, which we found, of course!



Another cache was hidden in the woods near a small airport.  I'd never been to this airport, so it was nice to drive down and at least see where it was.  It's for small private planes, it's not a commercial airport.


The last cache that we found was a park and grab, so I didn't bother taking a picture.  We attempted another cache at a park and had to DNF it.  We'll probably go back another time and try for it again.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day to be out and about hunting for caches! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always are finding things so I guess the lure is just part of the day for you. Always on the lookout can lead to some goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do always seem to find something, don't we? I wish I'd find a bag of money. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Looks like another successful weekend of geocaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still stuck on the old shed in the first pic. Old graying barnwood is gorgeous!

    Great finds, and that lure is nice! A keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet a DNF drives you nuts. I know it would me... I'd have a hard time giving up and leaving, and I'd surely be back the next day!! LOL

    My son Nick was our lure finder. He never wanted to fish, but he has a tackle box full of lures he finds. We collectors of everything, value nothing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to give up! Unfortunately, 3 people came and sat down to eat their lunch at a picnic table not 20 feet away, so we had to stop looking. But we have all summer to go back and look again.

      Delete
  6. I once found a bag of money! Shortly after I found myself in handcuffs! I still stand by my "I found it story" Nice lure!
    Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...