Sunday, October 10, 2021

Yellowstone Trip ReCap

I had such a wonderful trip out to Yellowstone National Park.  I left from western Kentucky and over the course of 14 days I travelled to Yellowstone and back, stopping at multiple points of interest along the way.  Here's some of my stats:

Total mileage: just under 4000

Money spent on gas:  $ 505.00

Total spent on campsites:  $ 458.36

Vehicle:  2019 Dodge Durango with a JEGS roof top cargo carrier.  


Stayed at:  All campgrounds where I car and tent camped

Geocaches found: 43

States visited:  9.....  Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska and Idaho.  Of these, 4 were new states I've never been to before.  I'm slowly filling in my map!

10 new patches:




USA map on my Coleman cooler...


Favorite stops along the way:  The Badlands...



Devils Tower....

The Tetons...   


Register Cliff...


The Lewis and Clark Discovery Center...



Favorite campsites: 
Rushmore Shadows in South Dakota, near Mt. Rushmore...


7th Ranch in Montana, near the Little Bighorn....



Riverside in Nebraska, near Scotts Bluff.....


Favorite drives:  Needles Highway



Beartooth Highway


Favorite hikes - The Notch in the Badlands...



Uncle Toms Trail in Yellowstone...


Favorite equipment to have along...

Sassy Lady Siren.  I really like this device.  I keep it attached to my purse or my backpack.  It packs one hell of a screech when set off.


Key clip:  I don't know the technical term for this key clip but I've had it for years.  I bought it at Home Depot.  I don't like worrying where my keys are and I have a fear of setting them down and not being able to find them.  I clip them on my belt hook as soon as I get dressed in the morning, before I even get out of my tent.  It's the last thing I unclip at night before I go to bed and I hook then it next to my bed.  My keys are always within reach...


SetPower Refrigerator/Freezer:  I love this thing - it's awesome!!   My food stayed frozen as needed and it's so nice to have ice cold drinks at my fingertips.


Hope's Perfect Glass window cleaner.   This stuff works great for cleaning your car windows, inside and out.  I keep a bottle of it and a roll of paper towels in my trunk.  I can't tell you how often this has come in very handy.


Car organizer:  I keep one on my front seat and one in the back of the car.  SO handy for holding a lot of items and they help keep me super organized.



My favorite new item purchased on the trip was a Cabela's Canvas Rocking Chair...


I took a lot of fantastic photos on my trip, but I think my absolute favorite was this one of a stream in Yellowstone...


If you missed any of my trip posts, you can go back and start at Day 1 here.

Thanks for reading about my journey.  I enjoyed sharing it with you.  Please like my Snug Harbor Bay Facebook Page for any updates and future trip posts.  I think The Grand Canyon is calling my name.....



4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your trip. It's always fun to see familiar places through someone else's eyes. Glad you liked the Badlands and the Needles Highway, they're some of my favorite places that I always try and visit when I'm in S. Dakota. Solo travel, although overwhelming and scary at times, can also be very rewarding. Good luck on planning your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. It was an epic trip and I enjoyed every minute of it.

      Delete
  2. I've spent a couple of evenings reading through your posts! I am so proud of you for making this trip. It inspires me! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...