Tuesday, October 12, 2021

How to Display Your Travel Souvenir Patches

If you're anything like me you probably like to collect certain things from your travels.  There's always a wide variety of items to buy to remember special places you've been.  Some popular items are tee shirts, sweatshirts, stuffed animals, flags, stickers, patches, books, coffee mugs, key chains, and magnets.  You get the drift.   My favorites are tee shirts, stickers, books and patches -  especially patches.  I have been collecting patches on and off for years and I have quite a few of them.  I thought I'd show you what I like to do with my patches.

My jean jacket has a good variety of them and includes patches from when I did a lot of snow skiing when I was younger.  I also have a couple of geocaching patches on there...






When my jean jacket got full I started covering another jacket that I love to wear.  This jacket also has all of my event patches from when I was a Girl Scout.  I still have a little room on this jacket to squeeze a few more patches .... 



I always get a lot of compliments from people when I'm wearing my jackets.  They love to see all the awesome places I've visited and the jackets are quite the conversation starter.  Below is my camping quilt....


Back in the late 1970's I hand stitched our family crest onto the back of my dad's jean jacket and he wore it for many years.  When he passed away 2 years ago my mom gave it to me as a keepsake.  He also competed a few times in the annual Des Plaines (Illinois) River canoe race and had a patch from the race.  So I took his patch and the family crest and sewed them onto the center of a camping quilt that I made last year....


Along the outside rows of the quilt I sewed all my girl scout merit badges and all my Awana badges.  It was a great way to display all these patches and I take the quilt with me on all my camping trips....



When I returned from my Yellowstone Trip I had 10 new patches to display...



I needed a new shower bag for my trips so I decided to make myself one.  I used an old pair of jeans and lined the bag with red and black buffalo plaid fabric to match the backing on my camping quilt.  Then I attached all the patches from my recent trip...




I think it turned out cute and it was the perfect way to display my patches.

What do you like to buy as a souvenir from your adventures?  What do you do with your patches?



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Kim! I was searching for some fitness posts on my blog and came across the link to your blog. I hope you get this and will send me an email. I have been reading about your trips and I am in awe. I also read one that said your husband had passed away. I am so sorry to hear that. Email me if you get a chance. I would love to catch up with you again! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...