Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013




Last December 31st I did a post called New Beginnings and how I chose listen as my New Years Word.  Very prophetic as I've ended up doing of lot of inner listening and soul searching this year.  It's been a really tough year financially, as I'm sure it is for many people in this day and age.  It's been hard emotionally because we lost 2 of Louie's brothers last month.  I really feel like nothing we planned on is working out as we planned.  Doors keep slamming shut and I've finding very few windows open.  It's frustrating and I'm tired.

But we had some highlights too - Chablis graduated from college with honors and I'm really proud of her for that.  Tony's blog is thriving and he's doing good in school.   I've been reviewing more books and outdoor equipment on my blog and I really enjoy doing that.  I learned to crochet and surprised myself because I like it so much.  I made some new friends through blogging who have come to mean a great deal to me - people I would never had met if it wasn't for blogging and for that I am so thankful.  

And to borrow from last's years post - "But then I stop to think and I hold fast to the thought that "Life is all about the journey and not the destination."  And I remember that I have what God wants me to have, I am exactly where He wants me to be and I am exactly who I am supposed to be.    Maybe part of my problem is that I'm not realizing that I already do the most important things I can be doing - Have faith in God and raise good kids.  We are blessed - My husband and I run a business, I married the love of my life and I have a great family.  We are all healthy.  Why am I always looking for more?"  So here I stand one year later and so much is different and yet so much is the same.    I keep reminding myself that God's plan is best and to "Let go and let God."  And so, that's this years word, or words rather - "Trust God."

I'd like to wish all my blogger friends a very blessed and Happy New Year.  Thank you for your comments, friendship and support.  Hug the ones you love because in the end, that's really all that matters.

 

8 comments:

  1. Good words, and good post! Happy New Year Kim!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year, sweet friend. May your journey be easier this year.

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kim, I am so glad that we have stumbled upon each other here in blogland. Sanibel sisters at heart we are!!
    I wish only good things for you and your family in the coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder of what's really important in life. It's been great getting to know you through the blogsphere. Here's to a wonderful 2013! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Kim...All the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kim for visiting and leaving the sweet comment.
    I only touched briefly on our story.. and yes, it is a fairy tale come true! The sweetest words came from my son when I told him Dr B and I were together..he had known his kindness when still a child with me at work.. anyway , he called and wanted to talk to dr b..he told him "Thank You for making my Mom laugh again! It has been way too long since I've heard her laugh and sound so happy!" all our kids are treated equally..loved and adored!
    we feel God made our paths to each other.. and we are so very thankful to him for that!
    thanks again!
    Happy New Year
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had a very wonderful year I think Kim, in spite of the sad losses. I hope 2013 will bring you more joy, and lots more crazy caches to find! I'm sure your kids will take care of continuing to make you proud! ;o)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! and lots of HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cris - it was a rough year in more ways than one. I pray 2013 will be better. My kids are definitely my biggest highlight!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...