Friday, August 22, 2014

Sanibel and the Friends we Met

On my recent trip to Sanibel Island with Traci and Moira, we had the opportunity to meet up with several of my blogging friends.  It's always fun to get a chance to visit or do a little shelling together.


The first person we ran into was Pam from over at iloveshelling.  I know that a lot of you are familiar with Pam and her husband Clark.  We were having dinner at The Fish House one night and who should walk in through the door but Pam.  Traci has been out with Pam on one of her shellabration excursions and we were all excited to get to sit and chat with her about Sanibel and Cayo Costa....


Next up was Becky and Tobias from over at The Shell King.  They are quickly becoming dear friends to me and when they joined us for dinner at The Island Cow, the 5 of us barely stopped talking long enough to eat.  I have never met 2 people who are more enthusiastic about shelling and sharing their passion.  They entertained us with tales about the Florida festivals they attend and their love of Key West.  If you're not already following their blog, I highly suggest you do so.



After dinner we decided to stretch our legs with a walk along the beach.  Unfortunately the no-see-ums were brutal again and we had to cut our walk short.  But since it had been raining earlier, we were treated to a beautiful rainbow.  It doesn't get much better than that!



And finally, we had the chance to go exploring one morning with Capt. Brian from over at Captain Brian on the Water.  Brian runs shelling and boating excursions and for me, no trip to Sanibel would be complete without some time on the boat with Brian. 


We saw some dolphins and had a lovely ride on calm waters after finding some olives, an angels wing, a gaudy natica and Traci made the spectacular find of a maculated baby ear.  Brian worked his magic and found Moira her coveted Kings Crown shell!   It was a good day!


On our last night on the island I was sitting and digging in the water at low tide, and who should come strolling down the beach with her blue shelling bucket and pig tails, but none other than Pam again.  She snapped this picture of me and then ended up walking the beach with me for awhile and introduced me to Clark who insisted on sharing a few of his shells with me.

(photo courtesy of I love shelling.  Do not reproduce without permission)

So the next time you're on Sanibel, just keep your eyes open.  You never know who you may run into while you're down there. 

I have one more Sanibel Island post coming up next week about the off island beaches we visited.  Stay tuned!

16 comments:

  1. So pretty there. I think you look tall but next to the others you looked short. Were they the tall family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine. Yes, Becky and Tobias are both tall. I am only 5' 2". But I'm glad you always thought I looked tall....nobody ever told me that before. Lol.

      Delete
  2. That's quite the lineup of blogger awesomeness right there. Sanibel is fun but sharing the visit with good friends makes it that much better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having dinner with the three of you was such a blessing for us. We had a wonderful time and thank you for inviting us...we're definitely going to do that again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brings back wonderful memories we made! It was so fun seeing Pam, meeting Tobias and Becky and of course the "can't-go-to -Sanibel-without-a-Captain-Brian-trip-to-the-out-islands"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to meet fellow blogging friends! Looks like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip! And meeting fellow bloggers is such a bonus.

      Delete
  6. Awesome Post Kim!! One of these days I will be one of those fellow bloggers you meet at Sanibel, and we'll go to dinner.....and shelling!! :) I can't wait!! I ran into Pam yesterday at Gulfside...she talked about how awesome you are and that you are truly a very sweet and fun person!! I knew it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are next on my list to meet Cheri! And Pam is so sweet, isn't she?

      Delete
  7. You always spend time with so many neat people...many that I would love to meet someday, too! Great photos of a wonderful trip! Enjoy your weekend! I think you enjoy LIFE! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane - I try to anyway. You enjoy your weekend too. xo

      Delete
  8. Sure wish I had been blogging when you went, I definitely would have taken a ride down to meet up. Hopefully next time! I'm heading over now to check you your friends blogs, I don't think I'm following them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have loved for you to join us. You will enjoy the other blogs, so link up!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...