Sunday, January 20, 2013

Kenosha Lighthouse

Last week we had to take a drive up to Kenosha, Wisconsin to look at a possible remodeling job.  And you know me, the first question I always ask is "Can we stop and grab a few geocaches?"


I always like it when our geocaching adventures are somehow tied into history, so the Kenosha Lighthouse fit the bill. 



First we walked around the lighthouse and then Louie made quick work of finding the geocache. 





I always enjoy walking around harbors and checking out the boats and docks....






The day we were up there it was extremely cold and windy.  We walked along the shoreline and found another cache hidden among the rocks.  But believe me, we didn't linger there long!









We were actually in this same area a year and a half ago when I did a blog post on the Kenosha Civil War Museum.  You may be interested in going back and checking out that post to see the difference in how we were dressed in August versus January.  I definitely prefer the temperatures in August!

18 comments:

  1. You look COLD but the scenery is absolutely beautiful! Stay warm! The weather here is like the TUNDRA! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cold, crisp and blustery! The colder temps have moved into Chicago today. Now if it would only snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for the coats, the pictures look so sunny and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Is there any place you go that you cannot find a geocache?! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there aren't many places I go where a geocache isn't hidden. Now, if I can find them, that's a different story. LOL! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to travel and see more of our country's lighthouses! They are so beautiful. Sure looks cold! I don't even have a big coat like that any more! Stay warm! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a fleece jacket on underneath the coat too - it was COLD!

      Delete
  7. Looks like fun! Just add a flask to your geogear and you're all set, lol! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Damn, and I just won a nice little thermos too. I wish I would have thought to take it along with hot chocolate and Baileys Irish Cream.....

      Delete
  8. I love lighthouses! Great photos too. I agree with Bloodhounded with the flask, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love visiting lighthouses. We have some cool ones here on the Oregon coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - hopefully someday you'll be taking me to see one on one of our hikes! :-)

      Delete
  10. It looks so cold... some of the lake is FROZEN! I would probably brave the cold to see a lighthouse! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lighthouse looks really cool... but you guys look really COLD!!! Is it chilly around there? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - that day the temperature was about 2 degrees F with the wind chill on top of that. So below zero. It was COLD!

      Delete
  12. brrr it looks coooold. i love the light house though! history related caches always seem a little more worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...