Friday, June 13, 2014

Our Visit with The Shell King and his Queen

Another highlight of our recent Sanibel trip was getting to meet "The Shell King" and his Queen - Tobias and Becky. 


Did you get a chance to read the interview I did with Tobias a couple of weeks ago?  You can read it here if you missed it.  Tobias and Becky are my favorite roving bloggers, and they keep me well fed with a steady supply of Florida themed things to see and do. 



We met one morning on the beach at Blind Pass and spent a pleasant few hours talking about mutual blogging friends, family and of course, shells!  Chablis had brought her diving mask along, and tried looking for shells in 3 feet of water, but the clarity wasn't cooperating.   All she netted for her efforts was a couple of rocks and a few scallops.  We ended up floating around in the surf for about an hour, just enjoying the sun, the pleasant company and the engaging conversation.  They were very excited about their upcoming meeting with fellow blogger Karen, over at The Essential Beachcomber. In fact, check out Tobias' recent blog post about it here. 

I'm looking forward to my next trip and getting together with Becky and Tobias again if possible.  Honestly, the very best thing about blogging is the amazing network of friends I have made because of it.







20 comments:

  1. You and your group have the most fun exploring etc. I enjoy reading because it gets me out and about ...feels like it anyway. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky them, meeting both of you AND Karen! The dream team! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gail, you are so sweet. But we are the lucky ones to have found them and gotten to know them.

      Delete
  3. Very cool Kim, I hope to meet them, Karen AND you one day!! Love my blogging buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri - we are so going to meet on Sanibel one of these days - shelling AND geocaching. It will be quite the day. We might have to end it with dinner at the Fish House.

      Delete
  4. I'd totally forgotten about visiting Blind Pass; thanks for the delightful prompt!
    You're absolutely right about on-line friends. I can't imagine my life minus the 'keepers' I've discovered in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger friends are really special, aren't they? And to think that without blogging we would have never met otherwise. That would have been a pity.

      Delete
  5. So beautiful there and boy some of you all are so tall. You'd fit in with my hubby and his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will admit they are tall, but then, I'm only 5'2' so I'm pretty short. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Thing is we can't always connect with everyone but when it works out & we can meet up it feels like we've been friends forever. 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Karen. It's nice to be able to squeeze in even in a little time together when possible. :-)

      Delete
  7. How fun to meet up with other bloggers! What a beautiful beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger friends sure are speical. I hope to get out and hike with you one day.

      Delete
  8. How cool that you meet up with blogging friends, Kim! and at the neatest places!!
    You are such an outgoing person, with a great personality. I'm sure you impact people where ever you go.. I would LOVE to meet you in person sometime!!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie - You're so sweet. Thank you. I would love to meet you too. Hopefully one of these days. xo

      Delete
  9. Looking at that photo of the two of you... first thing that comes to mind is that the Shell King is very TALL!!! Reminds me of a basketball player!

    How wonderful for you to be able to meet up with blogging friends! I hope to some day as well... namely YOU! I'll be doing a lot of traveling for work now. Fingers crossed I'll rack up enough frequent flier miles to get a free hop across the Atlantic in a couple of years... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tobias and Becky are both tall, and I'm very short - 5'2". :-)

      Cris, I have no doubt we are going to meet in person someday. I am really looking forward to that.

      Delete
  10. We had an awesome time and look forward to seeing the two of you again. :) Next time, we'll have to get Karen and Donnie to join us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...