Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Do You Phoon?

Well, do you?  I do!  I had NO idea what it meant to PHOON until today.  It's fun, different and I believe we will phoon a lot more from now on. 

From The Urban Dictionary  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=phoon
(1) n. One who phoons. (2) v. To stand motionless on one foot, tilted forward at the waist, with one bent arm held in front and the other bent arm held behind.

We had an unexpected morning off, so we went and picked up my parents and ran out to do a little geocaching.  One of the geocaches required that we take a picture of us PHOONING.
This is me with my mom and dad.
And here's my husband, Lou.  He was a reluctant phooner and wouldn't do it at first, but we talked him into it.  I think he secretly enjoyed it, altho he won't admit it.

Visit this website to see other photo's of Phooners from around the globe:  http://www.phoons.com/

After we phooned, we did a couple more geocaches.  Here's my dad and Lou looking under this bridge.


Dad finally figured out where it was hidden.



We found 12 caches today and the last one was located in the parking lot of a bakery, so we HAD to go inside and pick up a little something to take home.  This will be dessert tonight:




This is called a Queen Victoria cake and it's filled with fresh strawberries and bananas.  Plus LOTS of whipped cream.  Doesn't that look yummy?
Next time you are out and you've got your camera, don't forget to take a shot of yourself PHOONING.  You might be the first in your neighborhood to do so!

4 comments:

  1. OMG.... The Reluctant Phooner!! That is a classic line. This was just the laugh I needed today and yes, I believe there will be phooning in our future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! WhuNu? Whenever I phoon I say excuse me. That cake is the best reason evah to start geocaching.

    Take good care,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Okay, next time I'm on the beach, I'm going to do a "phoon shot" and post it on my blog. This is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my that looks like fun!

    I don't think I've ever really "phooned", but I do love getting my shot taken as a "starfish" balancing on 1 leg! :p

    I'll have to try for a "phoon" shot next time I'm out! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...