Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Fever

Do you ever start something thinking it’s going to take like, 10 minutes of your time and before you know it, you have a whole “project” going?  It has been raining for the last 2 days here at the lake.  I usually hate that, because then I’m not outside doing something fun.  I happened to walk downstairs to our lower level yesterday morning.  We fixed up the basement as a guest bedroom, with a bathroom and a small sitting area.  When I went downstairs, I noticed that one wall was looking a little smudged and chipped and definitely needed a little paint touch up. 

However, when I opened the old paint can, the 1” of old paint in the bottom of it had completely dried up.  So I tossed the can into the car and headed to town when I had them mix me up a new gallon of paint, grabbed a paint brush and headed home.  The color I have is a luscious mint green.  It’s the same color as a Frango mint, if you happen to know what a Frango mint looks like.  I started dabbing paint onto the chipped areas, and then started spreading it a little further along the wall.  Then I painted the baseboard.  And then the entire wall and before I knew it, I had started on the next wall.  When I was done with that, I painted the overhead duct work, because the new coat of paint on the walls looked so nice.  After that, I decided to paint the laundry room door and the threshold.  Then I spied the bathroom door and attacked that.  See what I mean about 10 minutes of work turning into a whole project?

I have to say, the entire room looks pretty good and it just feels, well, cleaner.  When my husband got home, he just rolled his eyes.  He usually steers clear of me when I start my projects because at some point he usually gets sucking into helping.   But I do like to paint and I tend to get carried away sometimes.  Tomorrow I have to do a second coat on the bathroom door and then I will be done.  And just in time too –tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny, so I think fishing is going to be on the agenda!

I didn’t take any before pictures, but maybe tomorrow I will post some after pictures once the paint is dry.  I will leave you with this picture of my Amaryllis. 



I got the bulb as a Christmas gift and I have been nurturing it along all winter.  It looked like it was just about ready to bloom before we left for the lake.  Sure enough, it bloomed this morning, so my daughter thoughtfully snapped a photo and sent it over to me so I could see it.  Isn’t it a beauty?  It really makes me want to smile.

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed catching up from the beginning of your new blog and love it! I was born and raised in mid MO, lived there nearly 30 years. I spent much of that time at or near lake of the ozarks. We went boating, water skiing and fishing. You mentioned crappie which were my favorite kind to catch and to eat. Have a wonderful time at your lake house. I'll be back to see how the fishing is going. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...