Friday, November 13, 2015

Visiting Colorado 2015 Day 4 Afternon



Our last full day in Colorado was so stuffed with things to do that I had to break it up into 2 posts.  If you missed the morning post about Mount Falcon and Hudson Gardens, go back here.

After walking around Hudson Gardens we drove over to Chubbies for burritos for lunch.  They were just as yummy as the ones we had for breakfast the other day...


We took our burritos over to a park for a picnic lunch and then took the time to find a couple of geocaches.....





Next up was a tour of a late 1800's farm and town at the Littleton Living History Museum....


I always enjoy living history museums because I love to tour the old buildings and touch everything...



It's always fun to sit and talk to the interpretative workers...



Chablis liked seeing all the animals....







I particularly liked the old schoolhouse....


I'd love to own that map!




Up towards the front of the property we came across the 1940's house and property...


I saw lots of vintage furniture I'd love to have....





Check out all the cool old tins....








That night we all gathered at my sisters house to watch the Cubs game.  The Cubs were less than stellar.  Check out my dad....


The game kept putting him to sleep!  LOL!



And that concludes our quick trip to Colorado and Wyoming.  I think you'll agree that we fit a lot of fun stuff into 4 days.  On our last morning, Monday, we woke up to clearing skies....



And a rainbow.  I always think rainbows are good luck.  And sort of like Colorado was wishing me farewell and a "Come back soon!"


Scroll back thru my blog and you'll catch up on all the other Colorado and Wyoming posts.



On another note - if you're not using Ebates for your online purchases you're letting money slip thru your fingers in more ways than one.  First, you get a rebate on qualifying purchases from hundreds of stores.  Second, if you refer friends, YOU get sign on bonuses.  Check out these bonus rates....







Click on my link here to sign up.  Yes, I do get a bonus for referring you, but more than that, YOU are on your way to getting free cash back.  I've been a member for a year and I've gotten checks back every quarter.  And guess what, there are no fees or charges to join.  This bonus sign up goes thru 12-31-15, so sign up now before you start your online holiday purchases and you are on your way to extra cash in your pocket.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an Awesome trip! You sure did pack a lot into those few days, Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pack a trip like I pack a carry -on.....I cram a lot in. LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Always fun to visit a living history museum, and those looked like good ones! Enjoyed reading your trip recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos, Kim...but the old barns really make my heart skip a beat! Especially the last one....so cool!
    What a great memory for your family. The rainbow was a heavenly gift....really special.
    Thank you for your heartfelt comment on my last post about my sister at Lakehouse.
    I love you, girl.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last one was one of my favorite's too.

      My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister. xo Love you too sweetie.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim,
    Beautiful photos! Loved the photos of the 1940's house, and all the amazing things inside!
    Your poor dad, ah ha ha...isn't that the one thing we always fear in life...the blackmail photo of us asleep at a family event! ;)
    Have an amazing Sunday!
    Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a busy day of watching football and baseball. LOL!! I just like to tease him. xo

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...