Monday, September 15, 2014

Garage Sale Finds 9-15-14

There wasn't a whole lot of garage sales this weekend, and no estate sales to be found.  But I did still manage to pick up a few things at the 2 or 3 garage sales we found....

2 Tin measuring cups from Swans Down Cake Flour that Chablis grabbed.   I found the 2 metal shoe horns and both have shoe store advertisement from Chicago area stores.


A mini candy jar - this one is going to the lake house to sit next to a larger matching one.


Believe it or not, this is a ring with one of those stretchy ring bands.  I wanted it for a project I'm working on so I snipped off the ring band and it's going to be perfect for what I need it for.  Post on that will be coming tomorrow.


Ok, who has heard of Huberd's Shoe Grease?  I never have but I liked the old fashioned looking tin so I parted with a dollar for it.  When I got it home and opened it up, it was a never used jar of shoe polish.  I looked the company up on line and apparently they are a well known company.   I decided to give the polish a try on my new cowboy boots, so I'll be posting on that later this week as well.


A whole box of used, vintage hot & cold porcelain faucets - score!    I'll be selling some of the pairs in my Etsy shop and some are slated for projects.  I took the entire box that the guy had.  I'm passing them on at a pretty good price so if you need them for a project, I have 4 sets listed right now.



It's hard to tell from this photo, but this is a vintage Zig Zag sewing accessory tin.  I took it home and cleaned it up....


..... Plus all the accessories.  Isn't this great?  I'll be listing this in my Etsy shop as well.


A vintage Mr. Pibb Bottle and A Mothers Friend Bradfield Regulator Bottle.  The regulator bottle was a woman specific product and I thought it was a pretty cool find.  It's also listed in my shop.


A couple of cool items to be used for future craft projects....


I can never turn down brand new yarn in good colors....


A nice belt sander.  I like this size because I have small hands. I can't wait to try it out.


And that was it.  What did you find this weekend?

22 comments:

  1. Wow-- you found some cool (and useful) things. No garage sales for me, but I did hit one estate sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What great finds! I like everything you found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly - I always manage to find something.

      Delete
  3. Yard sales are slow here for me also. You found some great things. I especially like the porcelain knobs. These would look great on my kitchen cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knobs are very cool and I couldn't resist them.

      Delete
  4. Even though the garage sales were scarce this weekend, it looks like you scored anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those old measuring cups. I still have a metal one that I got when I first got married....40 something years ago! lol I'm not going to thrift shop for awhile. I have to get things under control around here before I buy more stuff! haha! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I cannot believe that. I give you a week. LOL! xo

      Delete
  6. Those vintage faucets are adorable! I've no imagination whatsoever, and look forward to seeing what new life you've in store for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plans, just not the time this week. :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow! Looks like you did very well! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for 'future projects'....you have such a great imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always coming up with something - stay tuned!

      Delete
  8. Kim, you found some great stuff! I really love the faucet handles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds - especially the faucets. I looked ahead and saw how you used the ring - it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much. I worked so hard on that. :-)

      Delete
  10. Some great finds, Kim--love the hot and cold handles and all the craft supplies. It's interesting the variations between regions of the country. Fall is my favorite garage saling season. My cousin and I hit a large neighborhood sale today (30+ sales) and three estate sales. Guess we're blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds fab. I'd be thrilled with 3 estate sales in one day. wow!

      Delete
  11. Those hot and cold handles are awesome! And I love the tin measuring cups. Thanks for sharing at Revisionary Life, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the faucet handles (and everything else you bought)!! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...