Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pie Tins and Apron Racks

Last weekend I found this great vintage Mrs. Wagner's Pies tin at an estate sale.


I didn't want to just stick it on a shelf and at first I was going to nail it up on the wall in the kitchen at the lake house, but then I had an idea...

I went out to the garage and grabbed a board from Chablis' stack of sign wood and I stained one side and the edges....


Then I grabbed a hammer and took out my aggressions on the wood.  Boy, that felt good!


I went back out to the garage and raided Louie's tool and nail boxes.  I came up with 2 red cabinet knobs and it's beyond me what he would have ever gotten them for.  I also snagged an old crappy wrench and the back of a shelf hanger.  I attached everything to the wood, including the Mrs. Wagner's Pie tin.

Then I hung it up in my kitchen and now I have someplace to hang all my kitchen aprons...


What do you think?  I kind of like it myself!  I need more aprons.....


22 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME Kim!! You are so inventive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You had a great idea! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! That tin is great, and you made it a feature! Kim you should share your finds with us at Thrifty Life Thursday! It opens right about now...and we're a small group of lovely people who love finds like this. :) -Revi from Revisionary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and I've already linked up - so glad to get the invite!

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with your tin! What a fun piece for your aprons. I came over from Revi's- nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina - I've already gone over and started following both of you. It's nice to meet you both!

      Delete
  5. Do you have a project a day? Amazing the things you get into

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - you crack me up John. I guess I do always have something going on, don't I?

      You amaze me with your dedication to daily hiking with Kelley. :-)

      Delete
  6. My gosh, Kim..but you are the cutest little thing! And yes, of course I like your hanger for your aprons. It's cute. Actually, I think it has exactly the right number of aprons on it. I seldom wear one..but I should. I keep one nearby..you know...JUST IN CASE I COOK! :)
    Hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I have the same mind set. :-) My husband would probably love for me to get more use out of those aprons.

      Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment! xo

      Delete
  7. Oh my word! This is beautiful! I LOVE it! I have several of my great-grandmothers aprons...and was trying to think of a great way to display them....this would be perfect....now....I just need to find a pie plate! I would love for you to share at Party in Your PJs!
    http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2014/07/party-in-your-pjs-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite - I'm on my way over! I appreciate you coming by and leaving a comment. :-)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing your adorable project at Revisionary Life! Love the vintage goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative!! I'm a junk lovin decorator too!! Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase! I pinned this to our talent board!

    Shelly@minettesmaze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly - thanks so much and I appreciate you coming by and leaving a comment!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...