Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Repurposed Cutting Board

Do you remember when I picked up this great, but extremely beat up, cutting board at an estate sale?  It was badly scratched and I could tell it had been used a great deal.  But that's not a bad thing.  Check it out...


 
The thing I liked about it was that it had good color, a great shape and it was super heavy.  A light bulb went off in my head and I decided to spend the 50 cents on it and take it home.
 
The very first thing I did was scrub the heck out of it with soft scrub and bleach, then I ran it through the dish washer and then I set it outside to dry really good in the sun.  After it had dried I took my electric sander to it and completely sanded down both sides and all the edges.  After another good scrubbing, I pulled out my wood burner and did this....
 
 


Afterwards I decided to tie some twine on it and now it's hanging in the kitchen at the Lake house.  Kind of awesome, don't you think?  I'll be on the lookout for more of these.




9 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly...it looks brand new!!!!
    Very cute idea,Kim.
    I'm loving my book, btw.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I'm glad you like the book. I'm also looking forward to your new blog. xo

      Delete
  3. Way awesome!
    Now, please don't tell me you burned those letters free-style, or I'll have to find a brick wall to bang my head against - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - oh my gosh, no. Chablis made me some stencils and I traced them in pencil first and then burned them.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...