Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Estate Sale Finds March 30, 2014

The estate sales were plentiful last weekend and we found some great bargains.  Want to see?

I snatched up this super crate.  I love crates that have advertising and graphics on them.  This one was in really great condition too...



I barely walked in the door with it before I had washed it out and attached a vintage license plate to the front of it...

I added toilet paper and some lotion and it's now in my bathroom...


I'm always on the look out for interesting tins and I loved the color on this one...


Who remembers old wooden hangers from the dry cleaners that had their advertising on them?


This wooden cutting board is huge, heavy and I loved the handle.  I have plans for this and I can't wait to start on it.  Stay tuned for this one...


Is anyone else familiar with Handy Andy or was that just a Chicago area store?  Chablis beat me to the punch on this awesome tool box.  Damn - if I had just gone down into the basement of that house first, this beauty would have been mine...



Check this out - brand new, still sealed in the box - score!!  And for a great price. 


Who remembers American Crayon Company?  I don't, but Louie found this wooden crayon box at a sale and picked it up for me.  Read the interesting history of American Crayon here and here.



Isn't this doll cradle adorable?  Don't mind Petey - he was very interested in it.   Maybe he thinks this is going to be a bed for him.  I don't think so!  I am leaning towards re-staining this piece, but then, I could paint and distress it.  Ideas anyone?  I don't even know what I'll do with it when I'm done, but I thought it was so cute.


A huge recipe box.  I'm thinking this may end up in the Kentucky kitchen.


One brand new fillet knife and 1 brand new bread knife.  Both were still in their original packaging.   I like the old, heavy wooden kitchen utensils, so I always grab those when I see them and check out these little wooden shoes.  I don't know what I'll do with those either, but they were too cute to pass up.


Chablis found this old coffee tin shoved in the back of a shelving unit.  Did you know that Chase and Sanborn coffee was established in 1862 and was the first coffee company to pack and ship roasted coffee in tins?   This tin has such great graphics and colors.


And last, but not least, an old sewing measuring tape and two old buttons.  I really liked the one from Foreman High School because I had friends who attended that school.


That's all the finds for this week.  I have some projects I'm going to start working on and I'll show you what I did when I finish them up.  Have a nice day!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! Oh, what goodies you found! No, I've never heard of that store before. Different areas have different shops, don't they. I'm loving the little doll cradle. Wouldn't it be cute to paint it and use it to hold flowers or two or three little flower pots filled with flowers? Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelia: That's a cute idea. Thanks so much! xo

      Delete
  2. You always find the most interesting things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part is digging around thru everything. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lots of fun items. Yes, I remember Handy Andy-- those went out quite a long time ago. Like your crate/lic plate shelf. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked making the shelves. I have one in KY too.

      Delete
  4. Awesome finds Kim, you always find the neatest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what treasures...all of them and especially those wooden shoes and coffee....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to decide what to do with the shoes. Aren't they the cutest? And last week I found a huge pair, but didn't buy them because they wouldn't come down in price.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, what I wouldn't give to experience an afternoon in your and Chablis' shadows! Not half-way through, I was (mentally!) banging my head for having 'tossed' so much I considered 'junk.'
    Petey is too precious ... I think that dolly-cradle might make a great puppy bed!

    Thanks for sharing your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I'm always sick about the stuff I had when I was a kid that I wish I didn't get rid of.

      Petey is my little precious. :-)

      Delete
  7. A wooden crayon box....amazing! And the crates are wonderful. I didn't go to the thrift store this morning....now I wish I had. I'm having thrift envy again! haha! Love your treasures. You've done great this Spring! Enjoy your weekend. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...