Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Crappie are Calling

Spring is in the air, the daffodils and lilacs are blooming at the lake and that means one thing - the crappie are biting!!

Chablis had good intentions and started fishing, but then decided to lay back and enjoy the sun...


Louie and I however, continued to catch the fish.  Notice that nice big fish basket?  That's the one Chablis and I found a couple weeks ago on one of our excursions around the lake.    I told you we'd be using that treasure!


I smell a fish fry coming up soon.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I haven't had any fresh fried fish or been fishing in 2 years! I sure do miss it, catch a couple for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...fresh fish! Nothing else better! We eat fish about once a week...pan fry it and squeeze lemon on top! SO GOOD! What time is dinner? heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby loves to catch crappie. But right now he's in salmon fishing mode. The salmon run has started and he has dreams of landing the "big one."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds good. We used to go salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. My nephew caught some there last week and had one smoked for me.

      Delete
  4. Bare foot weather- I am envious. We used to catch those fish in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't even get out on the water yet...it's still stiff!!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the fish!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the reason why we switched from going to Wisconsin to Ky. We can get on the water at least a month earlier in Ky. Fish fry coming up!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...