I like to follow my favorite blogs thru a reader and I used Google Reader since I started blogging. Since I needed to find an alternative, I chose Bloglovin'. And guess what?? So far, so good. I really like them and the switch was easy and painless.
- It’s easy to get an account on Bloglovin'. This just took a few minutes. I recommend filling out your profile as completely as possible, though. If you have a blog, others can find and follow your blog from your profile.
- It isn’t hard to claim your blog on bloglovin’. To add a blog and get a bloglovin’ button for your site, you just need to add a bit of code to your site to “claim” your blog. Some add it to the sidebar. I just added it to the bottom of an already-existing post in the “text” view. You don’t need to publish a new post to add it unless you want to announce bloglovin’ through your post.
- It’s easy to follow blogs through bloglovin’. For blogs that have a bloglovin’ button, you just have to click the button and then click “Follow.” You can search for any blogs within the bloglovin’ site and follow them even if they don’t have a bloglovin’ button.
- You can move all your blogs on Google Reader to bloglovin’. THIS IS IMPORTANT! It’s also amazingly simple. I just followed the directions on bloglovin’ when I signed up. They were clear and easy to follow. Just go here if you aren’t automatically directed: Import Your Favorite Blogs from Google Reader. Be sure to check that you follow me and your other favorite blogs when you do move your blogs.
- You can organize all the blogs you follow into categories. How cool is that?
- You can discover new blogs easily within bloglovin’. I love this feature! I set my emails to notify me whenever someone follows my blog. Then I can follow them if I wish as well as check who they follow and find new blogs to follow.
- You can get a free app to follow bloglovin’ on mobile devices such as your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad: Free Bloglovin’ App.
(That's cris for pointing that out)
I'll look into it! I've been using the "blogs I follow" list on my Blogger dashboard, but I've noticed when I read the blogs on my iPhone most of the time I can't comment! Can you comment when you use the Blogloving app?ReplyDelete
Oh, you might want to include a link to the Blogloving site btw! :p
LOL - I DID forget to post the link - corrected. Thanks Cris!!Delete
Hey Kim, I use the blogger dashboard too. As long as that doesn't go away I suppose I'll just keep doing it that way. If I do decide to sign up at Bloglovin at some point of course I will follow you there :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the detailed directions. This is something I really need to do and have been putting off until the last moment.ReplyDelete
Do it today Linda!!Delete
Hmmm I posted, but it's gone!! Anyway! I don't understand what the Google reader is, do you mind emailing me to explain to thick headed me?! Thanks!ReplyDelete
I'll email you cheri.Delete
I changed over, but didn't get the button.??ReplyDelete
When you sign up for Bloglovin, there will be a heart at the top of your account page. Click on the drop down menu next to it and choose BLOGLOVIN BUTTON. You can choose which button you like and add it to your blog page.Delete
Whoops - must go do this right now!!ReplyDelete
Following you on bloglovin!