Monday, July 21, 2014

Rocking U Riding Stables

One of our favorite things to do when we're at the lake is to go horseback riding and we like to drive to the Rocking U Riding Stable at LBL Wranglers Campground.  They offer either 30 minute or 90 minute guided rides and we've done both.  Personally I prefer the 90 minute rides only because I like to be on the horse as long as possible.  The trails are beautiful and wind in and out of dappled shade in the woods with glimpses of the lake here and there.




They have a large string of horses that are beautiful and healthy looking.  You can tell that they take good care of their horses.  The stable area is clean and the staff is friendly.  We had to cancel our trip at the last minute because of rain, and when I called, they were accommodating and quickly fit us into their schedule for the next day.  Everyone I spoke with either on the phone or in person was pleasant and out going.






Our guide was Miss Audrey, and she was as sweet as can be.  She and I spent the entire time talking and she went out of her way to be sure that all of us were comfortable with our horses.  Along the trail we came upon a large turtle in our path, and Audrey carefully picked him up and relocated him before we continued on.



I could honestly spend half the day riding the trails here.  We had a fantastic time out in the open air, with horses that were well behaved and easy to manage.




I'd like to thank Miss Audrey for being such a pleasant young lady.  She was cheerful and entertaining and I could tell how much she loves her job and the horses.  She is a real asset to Rocking U.  Thanks again Audrey!


Visit their FB page here.

If you're in the Kentucky Lake area and want to go horseback riding, I highly recommend Rocking U Stables.  From their website:

•  Trail Rides leave on the hour with the exception of 12-1pm
•  Rides are available for up to 15 riders at a time for ages 6 and up
•  Pony rides available for ages 6 and under
•  Riders under 12 must wear helmets, which are provided
•  Long pants and closed toe shoes are recommended
•  Cost is $18 for a 45 minute ride and $30 for a 90 minute ride
•  Rocking U accepts cash or traveler's checks
For more information or to make a reservation call 270 924-2211 .

9 comments:

  1. Love horses and riding. Can't do it these days :( but glad you can! Such fun! What was your horse's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't remember my horse's name. He was a sweetie tho.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is. It's kind of a long drive from the house or we'd go more often.

      Delete
  3. It's a great way to see a lot on the trails and there prices are very reasonable! I haven't been on a horse in years...hmmm! I'd have to try the shorter ride! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I was SO 'horse-crazy' as a girl, my parents finally sent me away to a horse camp when I was 10 ... probably hoping it would wear off. (Nope.) It sounds like Miss Audrey and her friends are great ambassadors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm jealous. I'd love to hear about that. Where was it?

      Delete
  5. How fun!! , I have only (ridden, rode) one time, and it was not pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...