Monday, November 28, 2011

Product Review - It's a Michael Buble' Christmas

Michael Buble' recently released a Christmas CD, appropriately titled Christmas and it's quickly becoming my favorite holiday CD.




I bought it a couple of days ago and I can't stop listening to it.  It's packed with 15 songs, some oldies, some newbies, and a nicely written Buble' original.

The CD opens with "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas."  The violin is my favorite instrument and the violin music on this tune is soft and elegant.  Then you hear Michael's exquisite voice joining it and the combination is sweet and sentimental.  It makes me feel like I'm in a warm room filled with golden lights.  It's a great way to start the CD.



What I like the most about this CD is the "old school" feel of it.  The musical arrangements are stellar with big band sound and a full orchestra!  When I first listened to it, I kept thinking to myself how much some of the songs reminded me of classic crooners Bing Crosby and Dean Martin.  I was surprised when I read the liner notes and saw that this was exactly the intent Michael had when making this album.  Mr. Buble' - you have succeeded!



The big band sensation is especially true on "Jingle Bells" which features The Puppini Sisters.  It's a lively, finger snapping, toe tapping version and will make you want to get up and dance.



One of the best songs on the CD is "White Christmas" where Michael duets with Shania Twain.  "Hello. Ms. Twain!"  Shania, a country and pop superstar in her own right, makes music magic on this song with Michael.  I wish they would make a music video of this song, because I can just see them strolling down a street at night, lit by twinkling Christmas lights, snow gently falling all around.  It's just an outstanding version of this Christmas classic!



Another gem is Mr. Buble's cover of another all-time favorite of mine - Mariah Carey's "All I want For Christmas is You."  Slow and romantic, if your heart doesn't ache for the ones you love while you listen to this, then there is no love in your heart.



"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is a big serving of comfort food - it's old fashioned goodness and will have you daydreaming about grandma and grandpa, sitting on Santa's lap, and stringing popcorn and cranberries to hang on the tree.



A new favorite for me is the Buble' penned "Cold December Night."   This up tempo song is fun and romantic and makes me want to wrap up in my husbands' arms and snuggle in front of the roaring fireplace.

On "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" you can feel the joy and energy of Michael and his backup singers.  They are a superb group and the harmonies are spot on.



Throughout the entire album you can just feel that Michael Buble' is smiling.  He is obviously very happy to be making this album and the joy clearly comes across in each and every song.  Every time I listen to it I think "This is my favorite song" and then another one starts and I think "no, THIS is my favorite song."  LOL!  Take my word for it - this is one great CD!



Hey Michael - you really need to host a television Christmas Special - it would be FAB!
** NEWS FLASH - THERE IS A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - DECEMBER 6TH ON NBC  **



Visit the Michael Buble' Facebook Page.  He has contests going on and you can view some Christmas video clips.

Don't walk, run, run, run and jingle your way to the nearest store and get this CD!




(I received no compensation for this review.  I just loved the CD and wanted to share my thoughts on it)
(all images taken from google images)

9 comments:

  1. Already downloaded and been playing on my ipod!
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you shared. Some of the Xmas music is just so-so. I'm always on the look out for the good ones. I'm not familiar so I heading to iTunes to check him out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SO good! I just ordered a book from Amazon...wish I had seen this sooner and ordered it, too! I'll look for it! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, I"m always on the lookout for a new cd of Christmas music to add some variety to the season! This looks like one I'll be adding to my colelction! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really SUCH a good CD. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim..
    looks like we need to become better acquainted!
    I too am an avid freshwater fisherman..
    Love my Bass, Crappie and yes, even Bluegill!!
    maybe, i'll even go into my archives and do a post on that subject,,complete with photos!!
    I too love nothing better than my coffee in hand while fishing in the early hours....
    now.. after reading this excellent review, and knowing of the beautiful voice of Michael B, this CD is on my "wish List"..
    Also noticed we move in the same circle of friends..
    great bloggers one and ALL!!
    thanks again for stopping by..
    and just for you..
    LET IT SNOW!!!
    warmest hugs..
    laughing smiles too!!
    Loui♥
    fs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I love Michael Buble and this sounds like the perfect xmas CD. Love the classic Christmas sound that Bing an Frank and Dean give around the holidays. :)

    Have a wonderful week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been listening to Christmas music while decorating...you know, the same ole' tunes. I think it's time for a new CD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like him & I haven't bought a Xmas CD this year so I am off to check it out!
    x
    Melissah

    Ps I just set up a new blog this week if you feel like popping by http://countrystylechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...