Saturday, January 11, 2014

Baked French Toast Casserole

 
This year Tony made Paula Deen's Baked French Toast Casserole for breakfast on Christmas morning and it was so good!  The beauty about this recipe is that you can prepare it the night before, put it in the refrigerator and then pull it out and bake it the next morning.  It was so easy to do!
 
Tony gathered all the ingredients......
 

Cut up the French bread, placed it in the pan and poured the egg and half and half mixture over it.  Hey, I never said it was low-fat!


Then he prepared the praline topping and spread it on top....



He covered it with tin foil and put it in the fridge.  Christmas morning I got up, threw it in the oven and let it bake for 45 minutes while we opened presents.  It filled the house with the most fragrant smell and by the time the casserole was done, we were starving. 


Does this look fantastic or what????



It was hot, fluffy and totally delicious.  The recipe makes a lot and we just refrigerated the rest and then heated it up in the microwave the next morning for breakfast too. Thank you Paula Deen!

19 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Great for breakfast on a special morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great breakfast for any morning - I'm thinking superbowl sunday next!

      Delete
  2. That looks AMAZING! I think it is good to have an indulgent tradition for the holidays. :) I already have a few too many, I think, but I might consider adding this one . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to at least try it. I'm kind of drooling just thinking about it....

      Delete
  3. Looks good enough to eat-- tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh, that's an awesome gesture ... a gift in of itself. I can practically smell the praline over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! Oh, I'm so impressed with Tony's cooking skills! And...he looks like he's enjoying it too. I've made this recipe and it is sooooooooo good. I'm wanting some now. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look good- I'm surprised the bread doesn't get all soggy overnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first thought too - maybe that's why the recipe calls for French bread. It's not soggy at all and its really good.

      Delete
  7. Hmmmmm- I may have to sneak in with Santa next Christmas morn for a bite!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you had me at "praline topping". We ski every Christmas day so I am always looking for a "prepare the night before breakfas"t; I hope I remember this one for next year. The family would LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one would be perfect, believe me. Tony even mentioned something about making double the praline topping next time....

      Delete
  9. I LOVE Paula Deen's recipes. This will be another one for me to try!!
    Thank you for sharing this one.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb. You will really like it. I love Paula Deen too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...