Friday, April 4, 2014

My Vintage Desk is at the Lake House

Last year I found a great vintage desk at a garage sale that a woman gave me for free.  Free!  I love free stuff!  It was a beautiful desk that just needed a little TLC, so we threw it into the back of the truck and took it home.  Here's what it looked like. It was very banged up, scratched, water damaged and missing a drawer handle....



The funny thing about the desk is that at around the same time, another blogger picked up an almost identical desk and refinished it for her daughter.  You can go here to read the whole story about our desks and my refinishing project - it's so coincidental that its almost unbelievable.

Here's my refinished desk....






Anyway, we finally got the desk down to the lake house and put it in the sunroom where I had originally envisioned it going.  I am so happy with it.  Before we just used a crappy old table with the computer sitting on top of it.  Now I have a nice desk with drawers to put all my stuff in.  The desk fits perfectly in the space.  What do you think?


Happy, happy, happy!

14 comments:

  1. Love it! What a pleasant place to surf the web. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is because I look out the window and see the lake. It reminds to get off the computer and go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Free? Oh, my, what a wonderful freebie. Your desk looks awesome and you did a beautiful job on the refinish. Love this and I hope you're oding well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelia! Enjoy your weekend and don't be eating all those cookies! :--)

      Delete
  4. It looks great now and you DO have the perfect spot for it. I'm glad you kept it a wood tone, too. It would look cute painted but I love the richness of wood! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I toyed with painting it, but you're right - the stain was the way to go. xo

      Delete
  5. Nice job! Well worth your effiorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the desk, Kim! It fits perfect in the spot you reserved for it, too!
    I received the book yesterday. After I got home from work last night, I got right into the book. I'm loving it!!! That was so sweet of you to send it to me.
    Thank you so much, dear friend.
    Love ya.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome - it was my pleasure. Let me know which "party" you like the best!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Kim that looks awesome!!! I have the very same desk that someone gave to my dad!! The only difference is that it is so old it has a "roll back" typewriter shelf where your long drawer is!! We refinished it and my imac is sitting on it!!.....still another coincidence!! I'll email you a picture!!!!! You did an awesome job!!!!! (as usual) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri - I can't wait to see the photo.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...