Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Little Helper

We have a bathroom sink at the lake house that has this damn persistent leak that is driving me crazy.  The biggest problem is that the cast iron sink itself is so old that the bottom of it has rusted out.  I really like the big, old fashioned sink and hate the thought of getting rid of it, as well as having to go through the mess of tearing everything out and replacing it.  I have been sort of nursing it along ever since we bought the lake house.



The slow drip has gradually turned into a trickling brook.  I have a cool whip container under the sink, but it's to the point where it fills up daily and if I forget to empty it, well, let's just say the bottom of the cabinet is starting to rot out.  Sigh....


Last week I got some plumbers goop and decided to give that a try.  Petey, my dachshund, is never far from my side.  If I'm sitting on the sofa, he's laying next to me.  When I go to bed, he lays at my feet.  If I dare to put him in the back seat of the car, he will whine, loudly, until I move him up front and let him sit on the passenger side.  He's a big baby. 


He kept circling me, giving me advice....


He kept telling me I was doing it all wrong...


He is very patient and will wait until I'm finished.  He's not too good at helping, but he's a very good supervisor - kind of like my husband.   :-)



I think I'm losing the battle....

Crap....

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew you have a Dachshund. Looks like a sweetheart. Good luck with the sink. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petey is my little sweetie. He's such a good dog.

      Delete
  2. Petey is giving you moral support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Just had to do this with my kitchen spigot and garbage disposal!! Same story with my Hubby...and Lily (my chihuahua)!! :D Good luck, I hope the putty works until you can find you a replacement sink on one of your estate sales adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! Is that you all poked up under your little leaky sink? Well, I'm glad you've got a handy little helper. Hope he can figure out how to stop the drips! :) Thanks for popping in to see our newest Diva.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute -him sitting and watching

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...