Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF

No matter how hard I try to be a positive person, sometimes crap.... just..... happens.  Sometimes things are just out of my control.  I hate to get sucker punched and this week I got hit not once, not twice, but 3 times.  I don't want to go into it, so let's just say that I'm not really in my usual "Happy Blogger Frame of Mind" today.

I know so many people who are dealing with so much shit that they just should not have to be dealing with.  Honestly, life is hard enough these days without all the external B.S. piling up.  There are several bloggers that I can think of right off-hand who are doing a wonderful job of handling the turmoil in their lives.  You know who you are.  I applaud you and that is really what is helping me to get a grip on myself.  It's not the end of the world and I will live to fight another day.  But honestly, sometimes I am tired of the fight.  I'm sick of the up-hill battle.  It's a constant two steps forward and one step back kind of dance.  Based on my usual, what I think of as upbeat kind of blogs, this probably will come as a surprise to most of you.  But I do have bad days.  This has been a bad week.  Note to Life - I'm only 5'2" but if you don't knock it off, I'm going to punch you in the shins!

Louie told me that we have to be thankful for what we have.  Today I'm thankful that it's Friday and that the week ended on a semi-better note.  I'm thankful that my kids and Louie and I are all healthy.  I'm going to try to enjoy the weekend as planned with a house full of people and deal with all my crap next week.  Wish me luck....


So, for today I am going to feel sorry for myself and be pissed off, and kick a few things around and grumble under my breath...  Well, if you know me, you'd know it's so not under my breath....

Have a good weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Honey we all have bad days, it's part of life. Heaven knows I've been sucker punched more than my fair share. It sucks! Put on your happy face, say some cuss words, enjoy your company, and email me! Much love...and it's okay to be pissed! Daddy always said..."I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the blog! Thanks for being you and keeping it real. I will save a spot for you on the back dock and a piƱa colada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, chin up kiddo. I feel your pain and I have even questioned my faith at times BUT, time and love have a wonderful way of healing.
    Quick story:
    My little angle Andie was only 6 when a growth formed under her left eye. No doctors in my area knew what it was and we feared the worst. It grew bigger and bigger and hurt 24/7. I cried and cried and asked God for help and strength. We were referred to the Children Hospital in Philadelphia and was able to get an appointment that same day which we took. In the examination room there where 7 doctors and several residents all scratching their heads. One Doctor took the lead and said, "I don't know what it is but, we are not leaving here until we know what its NOT". After several hours of pacing halls we learned it wasn't cancer, it wasn't an infection and it wasn't rooted to her face muscles and one doctor took the dare to drain it and remove for study and offered an excellent prognosis. I was given a gift! While at the hospital it was heart wrenching to watch all these little children who were sick and dying. Some had no limbs and still played like nothing was wrong at all. I lost a gallon of water in tears that day, some for fear, some for happiness, some for tremendous sadness but one thing for sure, from that day forward, I always align my currents pains next to those kids and you know what, it always looks very small in comparison.
    It's all a matter of perspective.
    Be happy, God loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of hugs. Can send cookies too if that will help! Thinking of you and hoping for better days ahead.
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone. I sure appreciate all the kind words and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck!!!

    and lots of hugs! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...