Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Kentucky's 400 Mile Yard Sale 2021

Kentucky recently held its annual 400 mile yard sale and I always look forward to going.  It was cancelled last year due to Covid and a mini-sale was held last October, altho it was a fraction of what the normal sale usually entails.   The sale stretches along Hwy 68 from Northern Maysville all the way to Western Kentucky near Paducah.  

Our first stop every year is at a nearby school because they are always filled with goodies.  Not only is the gym over flowing, but most of the first floor classrooms and hallways are loaded with stuff as well.



After hitting the first sale and loading up on goodies, we stopped at the Golden Arches for some breakfast and frappes....

Mom enjoying her sandwich....


Sales are held at churches, schools, in peoples yards or barns, and along the roadway in parking lots and  garages....

We spent 3 days driving around.  One day we went north on 68 and the next day we went south on 68, with the third day spent driving around to see what we missed in our area.  I sell vintage and repurposed items on Etsy and at an antique mall, so I can always find lots of things to buy.   Here's just a sampling of what I got....

an appetizer tray...


Brass light plate...

Purina Biscuit Tin....
Sugar crock...
Tupperware lettuce keeper...
Recipe box with recipes...
Books....
Tin....
More books...
Adorable Snoopy glass...
Cowboy mugs...
Albums...

Battlestar Galactica glass...
1970's Keep on Truckin' glass.  I almost kept this one for myself...
Garfield mug...
Chicago stein...
Cookie press...
Great Creedence Clearwater Revival shirt...
Pink jacket...
LOVED this glass bowl...
More books....
And my favorite find of the weekend.... a pair of cowboy boots in my size.  They were brand new, never worn and go for $ 60.00-$ 70.00 brand new.  I paid a dollar - score!!  Needless to say, I kept them for myself.

This is only part of what I ended up bringing home.  I'll be busy listing stuff for the next week.  I'm already dreaming about next years sale.

Some of these items I have listed in my Etsy shop already.  Hop on over and check out my store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...