Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Geocaching in Hopkinsville, Kentucky

Last week Mom and I decided to take a ride to Hopkinsville, Kentucky and do an Adventure Lab Series called "The Murals of Hopkinsville."  Hopkinsville is known for their beautiful murals commemorating life in the city from the 1800's until today.  

Before we began, we had to pick up some donuts at "The Whistle Stop."  It's a super tiny building with about 3 parking spaces as well as a drive thru window.  You can't go to Hopkinsville without stopping for 1, 2 or a dozen of their delicious donuts.

We may have gotten a dozen.....


This Adventure Lab is a "walking tour" because the murals were spread out over a 3 block radius.  It was a lovely day and perfect to be outside strolling around from mural to mural, gathering the information we needed.

This is the Eclipseville Mural and was painted in honor of the eclipse a couple years ago where more than 100,000 people gathered here that day to view it.


The old clock tower is part of the former firehouse that now houses the Woody Winfree Fire and Transportation Museum...

I love when we find old Coca-Cola factories...
Hopkinsville's train station...

The water cycle mural - first incorporated in 1895, HWEA now provides drinking water for over 31,000 people...
This was my favorite mural, with over a dozen different scenes painted on the side of this building...






While we were at this location a homeless man came up to us and politely asked if we had any change to spare.   I didn't have any cash on me so I rummaged around my glove compartment and found a dollar which I gave to him.  He then explained that he needed another dime if I had it because of the tax that would be charged on a cup of coffee.   Back into my car I went and found a quarter for him.  He ambled off and left me wondering where you could buy a cup of coffee anymore for just a dollar.  After he left I remembered the donuts in the back of my car and felt bad that I hadn't thought to give him one.


We completed the Adventure Lab and celebrated by eating some donuts.  I thought that was a good reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...