Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Getting a Little Fresh Air

Last week we had 2 chances to get outside for some fresh air and geocaching.  On the first day we picked up my parents, dressed warmly, and headed out.  The first cache we looked for was hidden on a gazebo near a park.   It took us about 10 minutes and then I pushed something and Dad took a closer look and found the cache!



Another fun geocache was a very sneaky one hidden near this fire hydrant.  I've seen fire hydrant hides before and this one was very clever.  There was even a decoy cache hidden here.  Take my word - it was a sneaky cache!


Then we drove off to the woods to grab a few.  It was a perfect day to be out hiking around and it felt great to be outside.  Can you spot the cache here?



It was so pretty walking in the woods with the leaves crunching underneath our feet.  Check out my mom - 2 knee surgeries last year, and then radiation and chemo this year, and she was out walking in the woods like a champ.  I think she's pretty darn inspiring, don't you?


She even spotted a couple of the caches before the rest of us...


This cache practically hit me upside the head as I walked underneath it and totally missed seeing it...


I think we were all happy to be outside doing something together that we enjoy....



We found this geocache laying out in the open, its contents laying in the dirt.  We cleaned everything up and then re-hid the cache better than we found it....


The next day Louie and I headed out alone to tackle a series of geocaches that were going to require quite a bit of bushwacking and about 3 miles of trail.  My favorite one of that day was this one where we needed to improvise with some natural tools to reach the cache that was hidden about 20 ft. up in the air....


 Getting it down was pretty easy.....


But putting it back up proved to be more difficult.   Louie was determined tho and finally got the cache back where it needed to be.

I have to say, walking in the woods this time of year is one of my favorite things to do.

26 comments:

  1. glad you could get out. you always have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine! Yeah, it was a good excuse to get outside and off the sofa. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim! Oh, looks like fun and yes, your little mother is an inspiration! I agree with Elaine - you do have so much fun. Thanks for popping in to see me and hope your Christmasing is going well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelia - I've been enjoying looking at your posts and watching you get settled into your new home. I bet you're so excited to be there with your grandkids.

      Delete
  3. Yes, this time of year is good walking in the woods weather-- no bugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are 100% right about that. We were saying we were so happy there were no ticks or mosquitoes.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great time!! And yes...your Mom is such an inspiration!! So glad you all could get out and about and enjoy a beautiful day! Thanks for taking us with you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geocaches are almost as fun to find as seashells on Sanibel. LOL

      Delete
  5. Don't some of them get buried in snow in winter? How do you deal with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do and we have to do a lot of digging around in the snow sometimes to find them. It definitely makes it harder with the snow.

      Delete
  6. no cache too hidden for you and your crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our days where we can't find them and I get so mad. LOL.

      Delete
  7. Good to see you and your family out and about. I'm having hiking envy. No hiking yet for me. My right foot is still in a boot and I can't walk very far without it swelling. Hopefully I'll be closer to "normal" by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too envious - my hikes are NOTHING compared to yours, altho I know what you mean about wanting to be outside with some hiking boots on.

      Delete
  8. Such a fun time to spend with your loved ones. Out and about, on a great mission and enjoying each other. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly - bonding time. :-) It's nice to be able to do something fun with my parents.

      Delete
  9. Your mom is amazing! I love being out in the woods -- I wish I lived nearby so you could teach me some cache skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too gail - we'd have a good time and I think you'd like it.

      Delete
  10. It's great to see pics of your mom out there! Looks like a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold, but nice. I'm always happy to get my parents out of the house for awhile and moving around.

      Delete
  11. What a fun day! I'm soooo envious of your cool temps, Kim. Mostly, I'm delighted at your mom's great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well its certainly been cold already. If I had my choice, I'd choose hot weather and a beach tho. :-)

      Delete
  12. That looks like so much fun! I am very impressed by your mom...awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a real inspiration to me. Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  13. You guys are amazing! what a great time to be outside!
    What an inspiration your Mom is to so many, Kim. Bless her heart.
    I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves as a family.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I like to say I'm getting them out of the house but honestly, some days they have more energy than I do. LOL. xo

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...