Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Standing Bear has Reached Maine


Mike, aka Standing Bear, is charging up the AT!  We have exciting news this week because Mike has reached Maine, the final state on his hike of the Appalachian Trail.  That means that he's completed a whopping 13 states!!  He has come a long way.

Mike's wife, Brooke, has completed her portion of the trail and has returned home, leaving Mike to finish what he started.  I have the utmost confidence in him and I know in my heart that he'll finish what he set out to do.  Mike is no stranger to personal struggles and adversity having endured abuse as a child.  He is taking up the fight for abused children and that's the purpose of his hike.  Because of that, I know Mike will succeed.

Mike told me that e mail contact will be sparse from this point on as there are few towns along the trail.  I'll just keep posting my weekly updates and hopefully he'll get a chance to write to me sometime soon.  In the meantime, please keep Mike in your prayers.

Check out his FB page and his blog page for more information on how you can donate to his cause.

Keep up the good work Mike - you are so close to that final mountain top!

(all photos courtesy of Mike McLaughlin.  DO not use without permission)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! He's almost there! He looks good, too....so fit and trim. I bet he didn't expect a reward like that to come out of this. He certainly does give one inspiration to do the unthinkable. His struggles, and perseverance to keep going are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...