Sunday, July 21, 2013

Be Yourself - Everyone Else is Taken

Are you familiar with Beth and her blog "Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Taken?"  She is an extremely talented photographer and her awesome photos are what initially drew me to her blog.  But then I stuck around because she intrigues me and I love the way she writes.

Back in May she had a photo contest and guess what?  I won!  I got to choose any photo I wanted on her entire blog.  I bet I spent an hour going through her work.  SO many gorgeous photographs.  After careful consideration I chose this one for a number of reasons.  First, it was taken at the beach and you know me - I'm a beach girl.  But the simple stacking of the stones is relaxing and calming and I actually have a similar stack of stones sitting like that on a shelf in my bedroom.  This photo is just so me!  Have you ever looked at a picture and instantly got it?


Beth also included a notecard using the same picture, which I then gave to my husband for his birthday.  It perfectly describes my life and how I feel about Louie because we are stacked together against whatever the wind blows our way, but at the same time we balance each other perfectly.  I can't imagine living my life without him.  He is my rock.


Beth just oozes talent and if you need tips or photo inspiration I urge you to look at her work.  Visit her blog and take the time to enjoy her perspective on this world. 
 
Thank you Beth for sharing a part of your soul with the blogging world.  Pictures do speak a thousand words and your photos always reveal a unique combination of strength and vulnerability.  You have a habit of showing us the inner beauty of your subjects and I often see things that I normally would have missed.   Because of you I realized that we are all often more fragile and vulnerable than we let on.   And that's ok.

10 comments:

  1. I did pop over-- her photography is exceptional! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kim! Congratulations on winning the lovely photo. I don't know her blog so I'll have to pop over. Now I don't know why you come to my blog, I know it's not to read my impeccable writing, but I'm glad you come! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photo, I'll have to check out her site...Thanks for sharing Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do - she has a great eye and unique perspective.

      Delete
  4. AWESOME! You always do such amazing things:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a warm post! The quote is so simple, yet says so much. Love the way you are with Louie :-)

    The photo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful husband. We've endured a lot, and we keep on truckin!

      I LOVE this photo - but check out her blog to see all her work - gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. oh kim.....THANK YOU SO MUCH for highlighting me here. you're such a doll and i appreciate you so much. i hope now if your readers come and see me i don't disappoint them.....oh, that would be awful....LOL

    big hugs to you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will never disappoint - you're too talented! xo

      Delete
  7. Congrats! Cool pic :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...