Monday, June 27, 2016

Estate Sale Finds 06-27-2016

I know I've kind of been off the grid lately but we have been super busy.  We went right from our trip to Key West to Kentucky Lake where my parents joined us for some rest, relaxation, geocaching and some brutal games of Rummy cube.  I still have to catch up on those posts.

Anyway.....  We haven't been to an estate sale in a few weeks so of course on our first weekend back home we spent 2 days getting knee deep in junk treasures.  I picked up a bunch of stuff and who knows when I am going to have time to clean, photograph and list everything.  Let's just say that my office is stuffed to overflowing.  I need an intervention!

Check out the patina on this fabulous galvanized vase - I just love it!  The old time candy jars are always fun to find and this one was in great condition.


The Corian cutting board looks brand new and I picked up the huge "B" for Chablis because that's her nickname.  I have a feeling she will repaint the "B".


I was drooling over the vintage paper dispenser and I bought it with every intention of hanging it at the lake house.  Truth be told, I paid a little more for it than I usually would have, but I really wanted it.  Then..... I looked it up on-line and saw what they are selling for and I may list it in my shop.   I don't know, I'm torn over it.   Maybe I'll list it and see if it sells - if it doesn't, well, then I'll be forced to hang it at the lake.  We'll see.  The boots are kids size 1 Laredo cowboy boots and are in excellent condition...


I picked up these 2 pillows and will re-cover them with material to match the vintage rocking chair I just re-finished for Chablis.  Which reminds me -  I never did a post on the 400 mile Kentucky yard sale because I took a bunch of pictures of all the stuff we bought and then I deleted the photos on my camera card because I thought I had already loaded them onto my laptop, but I didn't.  And that pisses me off because we went 50 miles in one direction one day and then 100 miles the next day and now I'm too busy to re-take photos of everything.  I'm losing my mind.  Maybe one day I'll just show you the finished pictures of the rocker.  It's pretty darn cool.


This is a Columbia shirt that I'll be selling...


I usually wear an old blue work shirt when I'm fishing and the one I currently have is about 20 years old, threadbare and is literally falling apart.  I picked up this one to replace it...


The birdcage will be painted, distressed and listed in my shop.  The Readers Digest is from 1934.  Isn't that cool?  I like the blue color...


I always pick up advertising tins when I see them - they are great sellers for me when I can force myself into selling them.  I do actually use them for craft storage, altho they also look fab sitting on shelves around the house.  I usually list them in my shop and enjoy looking at them until they sell.


Chablis asked me to keep an eye out for clay pots for her.  For some reason they have been scarce at the stores lately.  Two of these were brand new, never used...


I've been looking for a metal colander to use for fish at the lake and Louie scored this one for me.  It's super heavy duty too...


These might be my favorite find of the weekend except for the paper dispenser - 2 lanterns that have the most awesome patina and they are gorgeous!  I'm giving them to Chablis to add to her lantern collection.


One of the estate sales we went to had photos on-line of some of the items they were selling.  They had a whole set of kitchen canisters, you know, flour, sugar, coffee, tea, grease, cookies and about 10 spice jars.  They all matched this cake plate and I wanted them for the lake but they were snatched up by somebody else.  Darn them.  Anyway, the kitchen canister set thieves over-looked this matching cake plate so I grabbed it up.


It needs a super good cleaning but it's pretty nice.  I'm tempted to keep it but since I don't bake a whole heck of a lot and I didn't get the rest of the set anyway, I will probably sell it...


Louie bought the coke tailgate grill for me to re-sell.  It needs a good cleaning as well..



Louie also scoped out this vintage South Bend fly fishing rod.  It was leaning up behind a cabinet in a basement work shop.  It pays to be snoopy and believe me, we have no problem being snoopy.


We don't fly fish but it would look kind of neat hanging on the wall, don't you think?  I'll probably try selling it tho...

Louie was on a roll this weekend.  He bought this for washing his boat...


I do love advertising tins, as you already know.  But Chablis will get this tin because she eats Mac and Cheese like three times a week.  She considers it a food group!


Here's a cute little oil can and a brass water nozzle.  Both will be listed in my shop.


Movie reels and their tins.  This is something I've never bought to re-sell so I thought I'd give them a try...

A good seller for me are pants hangers.  Most of the time I find them forgotten, stuffed in the back of a closet.  Most people don't give them a second glance and just discard them.  These I found in a box at the bottom of the linen closet under a pile of hand towels.   Remember, when you're looking for treasures, poke around in the back of closets and cabinets - you never know what you may find.  I'll never get rich off of them, but people, they are money makers!


Would you believe that I was looking for a wrench the other day and couldn't find one anywhere?   And I'm married to a contractor!  So I snapped this one up and it's already been stuffed into my craft apron.  I'm also keeping the whisk broom, which I'll use in my car.  I've been looking for one of these for the longest time.  Who would think whisk brooms are so hard to find?


We needed some steak knives and the ones in this Philippe Richard set are super.  The butcher block holder is in real need of a cleaning.  I think I may wash it, re-stain it, keep the knives and sell the butcher block itself.  I've seen them go on-line for some good prices.  What do you think?




Well, that's it for this week.  Looks like I'll be busy for awhile listing everything.  What did you like the best?

12 comments:

  1. Lots of great finds here. The grill is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Can you hear my excitement? I love love, love every single item you have here! It is like a trip down memory lane for me at my great grandparents home! Every item! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally forgotten, but my parents had the very same paper dispenser!
    ... and they were never without one of those little whisk brooms in their cars. (This apple sure fell far from that tree!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great things Kim! Sometimes when I find something that I'm torn about keeping I'll list it but price it higher than I normally would. I figure if someone will pay as much as I list it for then it's better for me to sell it! Ha Ha!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the great stuff you found. Those look like my steak knives..haha! And the fishing pole is a great find. They are very collectible! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you've been busy! Lots of great finds there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found so many treasures! I love a good sale when you literally have a pile going but then the hard work starts. I know what you mean about cleaning, photographing and listing. I hit a great barn sale this morning and I haven't even unloaded my truck yet! I find lately that I am buying about half the stuff for myself and half to sell. Then I keep some of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You found some great stuff! My favorite would probably be the old candy jar, but the Coke grill is really neat as is the mac and cheese tin. Never seen one of those. My son is a mac and cheese lover! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim! Sounds like you're having a very busy summer! Now I love all of your treasures you've found! Seems like every time here lately when I go to a garage sale all I buy are toys for my grand kids! ;) Thank you so much for popping in to my travel blog. Living next to each other may be why Ford gave such tribute to Edison! Thanks for telling me that. Hope you're doing well.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edison & Ford were great friends and business partners for many years. I did 2 posts on their estates in Florida. You need to take Kiki down there and see it for yourself. http://snugharborbay.blogspot.com/2013/05/sanibel-island-2013-day-6.html

      http://snugharborbay.blogspot.com/2013/05/sanibel-island-2013-edison-estate-part-2.html

      Delete
  10. I can just picture Woodstock and Snoopy treasure hunting! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...