Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Garage and Estate Sales 9-12-2017

We didn't have much time to hit many sales this weekend because my son got married!!!! We are blessed and thrilled to have Alex join our family.   They had an awesome wedding with tons of good food, plenty of fun people and a fantastic DJ.  Everyone had a marvelous time!



But you know me, I can always squeeze in a few sales, just like I did 2 years ago when we went to Denver for my nephews wedding and a bunch of us trooped through a Good Will Bins store on our way to the ceremony.  You can read that post here.   So on Friday we hit a few estate sales in the morning before heading over to the church for rehearsal and the dinner afterwards.   Then on Saturday we dropped Chablis off at church so she could get ready with the other bridesmaids and Louie and I hit a rummage sale and a few garage sales before heading home to get dressed for the wedding.  I know, I'm nuts!!

Here's a few pictures of some of the things we picked up....

2 Lionel Barrymore Gold Foil prints.  Truth be told, I bought them because of the frames they were in and didn't realize what they were until I went home and looked them up.  Actor Lionel Barrymore did a series of these - who knew???




An enamelware tray...


a set of 3 hanging tea light holders...


Several pancake molds....




A brass Alpha Phi plaque....


A Willow angel - I may have to keep this one for myself....


A set of 8 napkin rings....


A set of Disney sheets.....


A sock darning tool - the 2nd one of these I picked up recently...


A set of Warner Brothers sheets....



And my favorite - this pink round sewing box.  How cute is that??


We also got a metal hall tree with a broken mirror that I'll be re-painting and fixing up, a pair of ice skates, and a set of end tables to flip.  My house is filling up with junk again!  Time to make a run to the lake.  

16 comments:

  1. LOVE the sewing box, my Grandma had one like that! That all should do well at your booth, right?! I can't believe you were relaxed enough to do that, maybe that helped the nerves?! Congratulations to the Groom and Brid and you looked like you had a GREAT time!! You were (are) Beautiful!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats crazy! I love it and was tempted to keep it.

      Thanks so much Cheri. It was a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. You all looked amazing and it is so nice to see such a happy couple! I wish all of you such joy. Wow, when my mom was alive I looked everywhere for a sock darning egg, she wanted one so badly and we had no idea what had happened to hers! And yes, you made me laugh at the thought of you rummaging through sales on your way to the wedding . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my mom using a marble sock darning egg when I was a kid. I still have it. The wedding was wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your son! Nice photo of the both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son and to you for more nice finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for your son and his bride! They are a beautiful couple and I know you are thrilled! What a blessing for your family. LOVE that cute pink sewing box! And it's PINK...how precious is that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kim. Your new DIL looks exquisite! (... and Tony ain't bad. LOL.)

    Say, if you ever come across Dan River (percale) sheets or Lady Pepperell towels, won't you give me a shout out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...