Saturday, March 2, 2013

2 Million and Counting

The geocaching community has just celebrated a major milestone - the 2 millionth active geocache was just published on Feb. 28th.  Located in Australia, GC46N4E sounds worthy of this great honor.  Rated with a terrain and difficulty rating of 3.5 each, the cache promises a spectacular view of the city of Alice Springs.

As of today, the cache has only 1 find and 2 DNF's.  But geocachers from around the globe have logged in and left well wishes on the cache page.

Watch the YouTube video "2 Million Geocaches in 1 Minute" here. 

Go here to read about the special geocaching souvenirs that are being released.  Souvenirs are like little postcards that you can earn and they get posted onto your geocaching homepage....



I think an Australian Souvenir would look great on my cache page - anyone up for taking a trip???

7 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that be a fun adventure???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for taking a trip! Plus the only part of Australian I've seen is Tasmania (gorgeous!), so I definitely need to get down there to visit the rest of the country! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question: how do you "get" those souvenirs? I have found one in Spain after all! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind! I just checked my page and a Spain souvenir appeared on there as if by magic! :p
      What I don't see is my DNF for the mountain top last weekend... do DNFs appear on your profile? Am wondering if logging it from the app instead of the computer made a difference...

      Delete
    2. I was wondering if your Spain one showed up. Did you figure out your DNF yet?

      Delete
  4. 2 million is an incredible number. I definitely think you should go and get it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...