Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tool Chest Re-Do

A couple of weeks ago I found this great tool chest underneath a stack of junk in the garage at an estate sale.



It was in pretty sad shape, but it was sturdy and the inside had 4 stacking wooden shelves.   Louie kind of turned his nose up at it but sometimes you see something and you just gotta have it!  I gave it a good scrubbing and let it sit outside for a few days in the sun.  Then I stained the inside of the box and the shelves with a dark stain....



I pulled out one of my new favorite brushes - the Zebra Wedge brush.  I won a box of their brushes a few weeks ago and I have to say - I love them!   They are amazing.  The bristles are thick and the paint goes on like a dream.



A couple of weeks ago I got this full container of lavender paint at a garage sale for 50 cents.  It's a really pretty color and come on...... 50 cents!



The box got 2 coats of paint and then I decoupaged some rose napkins on the top and one napkin on the front.  Decoupaging with napkins is one of my new favorite things to do.  Have you tried it yet?


Then I gave the whole box a light distressing, put a coat of polyurethane over the napkins and then waxed the entire thing.



What do you think?  I adore the color!  Plus the lavender paint and the rose napkins kind of keep my husband from stealing it from me.  LOL!






The drawers are awesome.  I can't wait to fill them up with all my tools.  Plus, the box is on wheels and has a handle so I can roll it around when I'm working on something.



It's so purty!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Lovin' this transformation! Here, I thought you were going to turn it into a cosmetics case. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - with the minimal amount of make up I wear, a margarine container would be large enough!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Every lady needs a lavender tool box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavender paint! You know you're talking my language now! And the floral napkins are very pretty. I've not heard of using them but it looks like it works great. You have such a great eye for changing things up! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! Decoupaging things with napkins is pretty popular right now. I've done a few things so far. ox

      Delete
  4. So pretty Kim! That lavender is sweet as can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great find...and you totally transformed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted how nice this was but it disappeared

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lavender combined with the roses looks so lovely together and wow, look at all that storage inside. No wonder you snapped it up Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. I already have it filled with tools. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...