Monday, October 5, 2015

Happy 30th Anniversary

Today my husband and I are celebrating 30 years of marriage.  Holy crap!  How did that happen?


I married a good guy.  He's my best friend.  Has it always been easy?  Hell no.  In fact, some days I don't even like him.  But that doesn't mean I don't love him.  We don't always agree and we fight about money.  He supports my crazy ideas like refinishing furniture, making jewelry, digging around at estate sales and geocaching.  He shakes his head when I go zip lining, jump off cliffs at the rock quarry into 180 ft of water or climb 30 ft up in a tree to look for a camouflaged bison tube.  He doesn't care if I order dinner 4 nights in a row because I'm too tired to cook and he looks the other way when there's dust all over the furniture.  Now that's love.

I have an excellent example of what a good marriage is supposed to be - mom and dad just celebrated their 60th anniversary on Oct. 1st.  They are the best!  Thank you.



Louie and I have great kids, a roof over our heads, plenty to eat and lots of love.  The good Lord has blessed us.  I really can't ask for any more than that.  

15 comments:

  1. Love and congratulations to both of you

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kim and Louie for finding each other, it's very hard these days to find your soul mate and make marriage work... ask me how I know! Lol! Happy Anniversary!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I'm getting married in 12 days! My parents have been married for 33 years and I look up to their marriage and other like it (like you) for inspiration for my future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet you are getting so excited. I can't wait to see pictures of your wedding. Good luck and here's to many happy years!

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! Same to your folks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiration! Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby and to your parents! Love your wedding pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I still have my hat and dress. I can still fit into it too!

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary ... and here's to 30 more!
    Love what you said about your hubby; sure beats anything I've seen in a Hallmark card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations - you don't look old enough to be married thirty years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well John, that is a very nice compliment and you made my day. Actually, I am probably older than you think. :-)

      Delete
  9. Hi Kim! :)
    I'm just catching up on my blog reading now...
    Congratulations on 30 years, that's amazing!! And your parents, now that's something to be truly proud of!
    My husband and I will be married 20 next year.
    It is just not the norm these days to stay married that long. Like you, I found a gem!!
    Congratulations and I hope that you both had a wonderful day!!
    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...