Friday, June 19, 2015

Sanibel Island 2015 - Day 4

On Day 4 we got up early and drove down to Blind Pass for a few hours.  We parked on the Sanibel side and walked down the beach quite a way.   The shelling wasn't that spectacular  but Chablis did find a Junonia piece and she was quite excited about that.



Afterwards we headed down to Pinocchio's for some ice cream and then ended up at Lighthouse beach.  The tide was high and we walked around in the water for awhile, but the shelling was poor.


After that we headed back to the hotel and cleaned up before driving to The Fish House to meet our friends Tobias and Becky for dinner.  Tobias is the writer over at The Shell King Blog, and if you're not familiar with his blog, you need to go check it out.  We spent over 2 hours eating and chatting and I'm so mad that I forgot to get a picture with them before we left.  They are 2 of the nicest people I've ever met and it's always fun to get together with them when we're on the island.

Chablis and I decided to stop at Gulfside Park before sunset.  It was a perfect night to walk on the beach.




This was my favorite photo that I took on our entire trip.....


There were tons of olives out making designs in the sand....


Chablis found a couple of small goodies in the surf....


I just walked on the beach and enjoyed the solitude....


It was the perfect ending to a lovely day.

Don't forget about my amazing Rigoni de Asiago's Nocciolata Giveaway!   You have to go back to the original post to leave a comment in order to enter.  Entries are open until next Monday, so go HERE to leave a comment to enter.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous beach photos!! Thank you for the Sanibel fix! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures of my favorite beach! Congrats to Chablis on the Junonia find! I always said I was going to take pics of all he live olives and put them on the wall to spell something out....like S-A-N-I-B-E-L! Great Post Kim! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be such a cool idea. I hope you do that.

      Delete
  3. Love those beaches. Just looking at the photos takes me back to that peaceful state of mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so relaxing there, isn't it? I just love it.

      Delete
  4. Nice sunset pics! And that ice cream looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their ice cream is excellent. We had "Dirty sand dollar" and "Sanibel crunch."

      Delete
  5. Looks like you are having a good time and nicely documented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John - it was a great trip as usual! Being with my daughter is the best tho.

      Delete
  6. So glad you had fun on your trip. Great beach pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so peaceful and beautiful. I totally want to go to the beach now! Glad you had a nice time, I'm off to check out your friend's blog now :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...