Monday, May 11, 2015

Bunche Beach Shell Box

A couple of weeks ago we picked up this little green box at an estate sale.  I really had no idea what I was going to do with it, but any time I see a cool little box, of course I have to buy it.  It was in pretty rough shape..


Pretty bad, huh?  I pulled out some light blue paint and gave it a couple of coats.


My friend Cheri from over at the Shelllady Blog  has a house near Sanibel Island.  Cheri recently sent me some jewelry making metal stamps so I wanted to make her something special for her new home.  Cheri loves Bunche Beach, so I decided to stencil shells and Bunche on the box for her.  Then I distressed the whole thing....




I can't wait to see what kind of shells she finds to fill it up.  She is a master sheller.  Go over and check out Cheri's blog for lots of posts about Sanibel Island..  She's a new Grandma too.




21 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at the number and variety of your projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice makeover for that old box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like making something new out of something old. :-)

      Delete
  3. Great gift for her new Florida home!!! You did a very nice job with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughtful, personalized gifts like this are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a thoughtful friend, Kim.
    LOVE the box, and so will your friend.
    Have a great week, honeybunch.
    Smooches,
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet to give such a sweet treasure away! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so - I want to see it filled with shells. :-)

      Delete
  7. Awwww! What a sweet friend you are! Love the "new box"! I'm going to have to look for some stencils. There is so much you can do with them! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter makes my stencils with her Cricut. It's a great advantage.

      Delete
  8. Such an Awesome gift!! It means more to me than you know!! Maybe we can meet one of these days at Bunche and you can help me fill it up!!! Such a thoughtful friend, I LOVE IT!!!! Thank You so Very Much! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it and I'm going to hold you to that Bunch Beach date!

      Delete
  9. It turned out great! I'm off to check out Shelllady's blog now!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim!
    I love this shell box, and what a thoughtful gift! Thank you for reaching out to me and leaving a comment on my blog, it means so much to a new blogger like me! I'm going to check out some more of your posts now! Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberley - thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. I was actually over at your blog at the same time, scrolling thru. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...