Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mason Jar Pin Cushions

Last week Chablis asked me to help her make a mason jar pin cushion.  She had found a tutorial on Pinterest that she liked and you can go here to check it out.  We gathered up a couple of small mason jars, some fabric, a needle and thread and some polyester fiberfill.  See the green sewing box sitting there? I know it's kind of beat up looking, but my mom's cousin brought that back from Vietnam for me in the mid 1960's.  I have held onto it and used it all these years....


We gathered the fabric with a needle and thread and then we stuffed the top with the fiberfill.  Be careful not to over-stuff them.  We did at first and after we glued them down to the lids we had to cut them open and remove some of the filling because we couldn't get the jars to screw shut.  Live and learn...


Once we had the proper amount of filling we re-glued the fabric to the lids, glued a small piece of felt over it and finally screwed the lids onto the jars....


It was actually a pretty easy project and something I can definitely use....



Linking up with....

17 comments:

  1. Wondering how many people, besides you, still sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably more than you'd think. Pinterest is full of projects and ideas from people who still do.

      Delete
  2. I made one of these years ago for a friend. Pretty neat. Like your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I thought of that fabric immediately when Chablis suggested making those.

      Delete
  3. These are very handy to have! I have one from years ago too and treasure it! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you get a lot of use out of it too with all the sewing you've been doing lately. xo

      Delete
  4. cute! love these! the green sewing box is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the history behind your cute little sewing box. Good job you and Chablis did on those really cute pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dolly. They were so easy to make too. I like easy!

      Delete
  6. Those are adorable! Isn't it crazy what all you can do with mason jars?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've inspired me to finally make one of these pincushions. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so easy to make too. I want to see a picture when you do.
      :-)

      Delete
  8. Cute idea and so functional too. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am forever losing pins - great and creative way to keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...