Monday, July 7, 2014

Sipping at The Hitching Post

 
One of my absolute favorite places to visit when we're at the lake is The Hitching Post and Old Country Store. 
 
 
 
Every time I go there they have added new things to look at.  You name it, they've got it...
 
  • signs
  • antiques
  • aprons
  • books
  •  cups
  •  souvenirs
  • coffee
  • candy
  • kitchen supplies
  • fudge
  • jams and jellies
I seriously could spend hours just wandering through the 2 stores.
 




 
When my parents came to visit earlier this month, the one thing my mom really wanted to do was go for their weekly Soda Tasting Party.  It's held every Thursday and for $ 4.95 you get a souvenir shot glass and get to taste 20 different soda's.  I've blogged about it before and you can check it out here.
 
Miss Traci is as sweet as can be and is very knowledgeable about the sodas.  This year they have over 180 varieties to choose from.  We sampled 10 soda's with Miss Traci and then moved down the counter......
 

 
 

 ....  and joined the lovely Miss Julie, who offered us a variety of 10 fruity soda's.  Check out the brands below.  I get such a kick out of the wild colors and the creative names.




A little Kickapoo Joy Juice anyone?


 Or how about Banana, Green Apple, Hippo Size or Toxic Slime?


After making funny faces at each other with the masks....



...We picked out a 6 pack of different soda's to take home.  The very charming Wesley was on deck and manning the counter that evening. 


If you're anywhere near Kentucky Lake, be sure to stop by The Hitching Post and Old Country Store.

18 comments:

  1. This is always a fun time. Love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like those different bottles and names. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cool? I'm collecting one of each kind. I have a long way to go.

      Delete
  3. Love your post Miss Kim, it's always so nice to see you and now to meet your lovely family as well is a very special treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. It's always so much fun to visit you girls. It's definitely the friendliest place on the lake.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could seriously spend the whole day there very easily.

      Delete
  5. Whoa! That looks like my kinda place to visit.I love old timey places like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there stranger. Where ya been? This is one of my favorite stores ever.

      Delete
  6. I always love stopping by those old country stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I think I NEED some tomfooleries .... soooo wish they had something like that out here!
    Then, I spotted Miss Julie's red tray. I think my Grandma had one just like that. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure looks like fun and your eyes wander over all the neat stuff....like the red tray! Enjoy your week my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could spend all day there easily. There is so much to look at. xo

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...