Saturday, November 2, 2013

Refinished Oval Table and Stool

One of my favorite yard sale finds this year was this oval cocktail table.  It was in solid shape and although nicked and scratched, I just liked the size and shape of it...
 
 


Chablis sanded it down really good....


And then she painted it an off white, distressed it and finished it up by waxing and buffing it....



This next piece was my grandmothers step stool.  I have no idea how old it is, but I do remember using it at her house in the 1960's.  Somewhere along the way I inherited it and one of my dogs chewed up the edge of it....


 Last month when Louie was on his "Get this crap out of my garage" rampage, annual autumn garage clean up, we happened to find the stool shoved up on a shelf behind some old paint cans.  I have no idea how it ever ended up there.  Anyway, Chablis grabbed it and decided to refinish it for herself.  She just gave it a light sanding and then painted it dark brown and waxed it.  Sweet and simple and a nice keepsake from her great grandmother!


I think she should stencil something on it, but I'm not sure what yet.  Any ideas?

Linking up at Craft Frenzy Friday

15 comments:

  1. Sweet. Chablis always does such a nice job! What kind of stencil would remind her of her great grandmother? Was she known for her sweetness (hearts or flowers), her cooking (berries), her strength (oak leaves)? I would choose something that ties into that legacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some great ideas - I'll have to think about that. My grandmother passed away a long time ago and Chablis never got to meet her, altho Chablis resembles her. I was pleased that she was anxious to have a keepsake from her.

      Delete
  2. You and Chablis are so good, you should consider going into the furniture refinishing business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference. I've never tried refinishing furniture but I like what you did to these. You can get creative with your ideas and that's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun to see what we can come up with and since most of the stuff is just for ourselves, there's no pressure. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I am really liking how you guys are transforming these pieces. I love anything white and distressed. I'd love to incorporate it into my decor but dont have the talents to make it look good. It is super cool that Chablis ( I love her name ) has a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxy. Chablis would love to do this as a business. She's getting pretty good at it.

      ps.... my husband picked out her name.

      Delete
  5. You used to stand on that stool at the kitchen sink to wash dishes or play in the soap bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim- looking for help- ( couldn't see another way to contact you) my brother is having trouble posting comments and i just would like to know what browser you use- thanks

    john

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's just my blog he's having trouble with it might be because I don't accept anonymous comments. Is he registered with google, word press or someone else? He doesn't have to have a blog but he does need to be a registered account.

      You can email me direct at busybee2@comcast.net so we can see if we can figure this out. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. It's my blog he's having trouble with and wanted to know what browser you use when you post on my blog. I sent an email so you can delete this stuff if you like

      Delete
  7. i love the transformations !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job Chablis did! I use to stencil all the time. I think she should stencil something she associates with her Grandma. J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...