Sunday, April 29, 2012

Book Review - Killing Lincoln


If you like history, then you'd probably enjoy reading "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly.   I enjoy Civil War history and this book gives you snapshots into the final days of the war, from the perspective of several of the main players - Grant, Lee, Booth, and of course, Abraham Lincoln.

The book does an excellent job of putting you onto the final battlefields, lets you stroll the streets of Washington DC during the final moments of the war and takes you into Fords Theater, and Lincoln's private box seats, the night of the killing.

I learned more about the key players in this historic event than I ever learned from a history book.  Previous to reading the book, I had very little knowledge of John Wilkes Booth in particular.  O'Reilly does an excellent job of describing all the main characters and making them come to life on the page.  Personally, I could not put the book down.  It was a page turner for me.

If you like history and want to learn more about the final days of the Civil War and Lincoln's assassination, check it out.  This review is given just because I enjoyed the book, and not because I was solicited in any way to give it.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog, I'm staying here.
    Cheers from Argentina.
    HD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read! Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two thumbs up from me on this book!
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me!!
    Thank you, Kim.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...