Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Please Welcome Bloodhounded from CacheCrazy

Please join me in a warm welcome to my blogger friend, Kevin, aka Bloodhounded, from over at CacheCrazy.  Without further ado, I'll let Kevin take it from here....
Hello, my name is Bloodhounded, aka Kevin, from CacheCrazy.Com.

Kim and I made a deal that if she wrote a guest blog for me, I would reciprocate. Let me start by telling you a little bit about our blog.
I started CacheCrazy.Com last September of 2010 and it got off to a great start. I never realized how demanding keeping fresh content on a blog can be. I applaud Kim for her work here at Snug Harbor Bay and being the solo author (except for Sunday’s when Tony does his excellent weekly tips) must keep her on her toes. I decided to take a different route. I enrolled a few excellent authors and challenged them to sign on as admin authors for a three month term. There is no pay, no benefits and no training but the work is very rewarding. I am blessed with a dedicated group and a fun bunch to work with. CacheCrazy.Com is comprised of five admin authors, 18 guest bloggers and some waiting to be featured. We receive about 7,000 hits per month and enjoy a fantastic group of followers, daily readers and quite honestly, friends. They fuel our fire and keep us going. Check us out when you have the time.


Today I want to discuss the future of Geocaching.
It is my opinion that Geocaching has yet to see its full potential. In the 11 years of its existence it has become a favored past time of millions of people worldwide however, if its growth rate continues, it will explode in the next five to seven years. If you talk to some of the cachers who started in the beginning, they will gladly tell you how the game has changed. From ammo cans to nanos and letterboxes to logbooks, they just don’t play the game the way they use to. And guess what? 11 years from now it will be different from today well alone 20 or 30 years in the future.

Join me now as we look into the digital log book of a Regular Geocache hidden as “Zelton” GC23000IGH623DF50001A entered by a geocacher named “Melbrain” in the summer of 2041.
“Wow, what a z’upper dynamic cache! I was trailing with Dembelton and saw this one come up on my encoded flash transponder. It looked Kool so we set out to find it. The heat sensory microchip was a real nice attachment from the cache guardian and we also enjoyed the lazar frequency scramblers as it made the find more challenging (how clever). Our geodynamicis where in high gear as we neared GZ and I had a feeling I knew where it was so I infrared the area and sure enough it came up on the screen. We viewed the histogram data of the cache and registered several traveling microbots after reviewing their missions and set them free. I traded the antique iPod Touch (still works much to my surprise) for a home Lasik kit that I tooled with the Melbrain 4D symbol etched into it.  TFHC!”

In all seriousness guys, the future of Geocaching lies in the hands of today’s young people and children. They are the next generation of geocachers and how we hide, maintain, and project the sport today is nothing more than the starting point for them to expound on for tomorrow.  This is why I often stress cache maintenance and keeping the “treasure” in the treasure hunt. When a kid opens a cache they are not only looking for the treasure it may hold, they are looking at the door to the future. No treasure, no future and 30 years from now someone will ask, “what WAS geocaching?”
Taking a kid caching is a foundation for the future to insure the longevity of our sport and it’s just downright FUN!

Thanks for reading and Kim thanks for having me!

 May the force be with you,
Bloodhounded
Thanks again to Kevin for a great post!  Please take time to stop over at CacheCrazy and check them out. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I don't know who is the bigger kid when it comes to going thru the cache containers - me or the actual kids! But you're right - they are the future of caching. Thanks for a great guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about changes in geocaching until I read this. My daughter and son in law take the kids caching with them, so I can see my grands caching in the future for sure.

    Great post! Thanks for the insight to the future of caching Kevin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...